It's another beautiful day. I've stepped outside to look at my roses that are starting to pop up and bloom. I've enjoyed being briefly in the sunshine. Hubby took Sheeba out for a walk this morning and she did well. This training seems to be working well for her walking with us - she isn't pulling us down the road, anyway. The real test is when someone will come over and she will want to jump on them in her excitement. We haven't had anyone in the house lately so will have to work on that at some point.
Have you ever wondered where your excitement at seeing otehrs went? I have found that my excitement over even going places much anymore has waned. Is it because I've gotten older? It surely isn't that I have "matured" beyond that. I still long to visit others, and be with others, but the joy I have felt in the past just isn't there. I mean, the real joy.... you know what I mean, don't you?
The joy of a child seeing a butterfly for the first time. The joy of a parent - or a grandparent - seeing a new baby (or a grandbaby!). Now that does bring me much joy, I must say, but still, not the giddy kind of joy I'm trying to explain.
Giddy kind of joy. Just what is that?
I love hanging with the grandchildren - and great grandchildren. Right now I'm missing them a whole lot. Restrictions. Limitations. I always have been a rule-follower, but sometimes I jsut want to break those rules, don't you? But for now, I cannot.
I can't go see a grandchild to give them a hug. Yes, I can text or write... but I ahven't done that either. What's up with that? Ok - I did just stop and send a text to one grandchild. :-)
Joy - unspeakable joy - what is that to you? I know what it is, but how long has it been since you experienced it?
How long has it been since you had true joy, a true smile on your face?
I Chronicles 16:33 Let the trees of the forest sing, let them sing for joy before the Lord, for he comes to judge the earth.
Psalm 16:11 You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
Psalm 19:8 The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes.
Psalm 86:4 Bring joy to your servant, Lord, for I put my trust in you.
Think about it. Then ask yourself, what are you going to do about it!
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment