My roses are in full bloom in front of my house and I'm loving the beauty they give the yard. Our grass is a beautiful green, and with the landscaper coming every two weeks, it is kept cut and trimmed and looks really nice. The leaves on our trees are growing like crazy too. I think Spring has arrived.
I get up early in the mornings and especially on weekends, I sit and listen to the bird chirping... except last Saturday when I sat in the front room and did my quiet time..... I listened to dogs barking and pigeons doing their thing! Pigeons don't just coo.... they make other noises - continuously! I finally walked outside to find our neighbor has a pigeon nest under the eave of his house that I bet he doesn't know about!
It's been quite awhile since I added anything here. Life has been very busy. My gmail account got hacked a few weeks ago and I ended up changing my password about 5 times within a half hour - and I finally stopped getting info that someone was in my account - but whoever it is, has added their credit card and an address in Hutchinson Ohio with my name in my billing section.... I've tried several ways to get it changed/deleted, and it won't let me. It was quite a battle with them changing my password, changing my recovery number, and changing other information - and I finally found a way to email someone at google.... but of course I have not heard back from them. I thought I would just delete this email; this account, but then I discovered by doing so, I would also delete my blog. And, since I believe my kids are the only ones who read it, it probably would not even be missed. Maybe I ought to just delete it. I could just do a "journal" in Word. But, I need my son to help me figure out what to do with all this - and it isn't that important.... I just hate it some one is using my name, with another address.
Work has been up and down. By that I mean, emotionally. My company did not get the bid on their big contract.... therefore that section of employees will be discharged (or absorbed into other departments) no later than September 30, 2017. My boss is one who will be let go; but before that day was out she had gotten a phone call from the company that had won the bid, and they wanted to talk. She has talked with them a couple times and is now waiting to hear if they will actually offer her the position. She also has two offers within the Company with Corporate.... but it will require a lot of travel. So she waits. and if she gets with this other company, she does plan to get me there with her. We have worked together for over 25 years and work well together.
As for me, I'm not sure what is going to happen. I am currently in the department that will be discharged. However, my boss said that before she left, she would move me into another department which would ensure me a job for awhile. Part of me is ok with it. Part of me is tired.
I enjoy working. I enjoy my current position. Part of me wants to do something different, to learn something new, to be free to do whatever. But I cannot. Since I am the major income maker in the family, I will have to work for several more years. Maybe if we sell the house and go to a small apartment, we can live on SS and I wouldn't have to work. Something to think about, but I am currently healthy and can still work, and staying home right now would drive me insane. I'd rather work.
So, I'm not sure if I will be working here by the end of summer or not. I saw something earlier that mentioned 'rifts' being discussed and decided. It will more than likely be after my boss moves on... so I too, will sit and wait. It would be nice to get a severance package - and find a new job at the same time. Extra money would be nice, although with being here less than 5 years I won't get much.
And now I am starting to ramble as my thoughts move about. I need to decide whether to continue this blog, or delete it. Not saying much anymore anyway.... but in the meantime....
Blessings!
2 comments:
Mom, don't ever quit writing. I love you blogging, because it isn't hidden in a journal, that i may never see.
If you want to call a close, let me know. But you have so much to share... and you are good at it.
awww.... thank you.... that encourages me.... maybe I need to get back at it.... as do you. :-) <3
Post a Comment