My great-granddaughter was born last night and she is the most beautiful baby in the world! I have completely fallen in love again. My granddaughter was texting me last night was she was at the hospital and called me around 3:30AM this morning to give me the news. Then daddy posted photos on facebook, and mommy sent me photos - and I just melted. I wanted so bad to post it everywhere and tell everyone.... but I want to be respectful and allow mommy, daddy, and the new grandparents to do that first. At least I could share here at the office and with close friends. I've already told them not to expect a lot out of me here at work today - I'm too busy showing off photos!!
It is now later in the day and it hasn't changed.... I am still so in love with this little girl. She is so beautiful and everyone comments how much she looks like her mama - and of course her mama looks like her mama, who looks like her mama..... What a precious gift God has blessed us with!
We had a bake sale at work today and will have again tomorrow. And, because I always over-do - I made two batches of cranberry pumpkin nut bread (two loaves without nuts) (and put one batch in the freezer)and made 6 - yes, six - key lime pies and brought in today. I checked after today - one whole pie was bought, six slices of the second pie was purchased. There are 4 pies left and since we are having a baked potato bar tomorrow for lunch, I'm sure others will be buying a piece of pie for dessert. Hopefully. There were so many things to choose from today - cookies, oreo balls, pretzels with chocolate drizzle, other pies, cakes of all kinds, cookies - and all the funds go to the Arthritis walk. It's all donation so I don't mind giving things I've made. It makes me feel good, I confess, when people tell me they tried something and really liked it. One asked for the recipe for the key lime pie - which is quite simple as it is a WW recipe.
Saturday is hubby's birthday. I haven't done (yet) what I was planning to do.... still want to do it. Is it possible he would read this within the next two days? I know he rarely reads here anymore - but if I write down what I plan, he will then know - so I will wait. The plan is to go to the buffet place we often go to for family gatherings. I gave him an option of going for pizza instead at our favorite place - but he thought it would be better to go to the buffet. I don't care one way or another - it's just easier to get the family in one place. It is his 80th birthday and we all wanted to celebrate it some way, but he is so sensitive about his age, I didn't know how to go about it. I did devise a way he can get cards, which will be given to him at the dinner.
I wish I could feel safe with his driving, for not this weekend, but maybe the next, I would make a trip down to see our new great granddaughter. But, it's better to just wait for them to make the trip up - and I will have to share my time with others in town. It is what it is, I guess. If he would let me drive, I would plan it out, for sure. Of course I am sure some new grandparents will be making lots of trips down that way to see this new grandchild as well.
And it's about time for me to go home. Trying to get ahold of "Aunt Sue" to take her to dinner tonight (and show photos) but haven't gotten ahold of her yet. Maybe on the way home. She will be so excited too, for she loves our granddaughter as well.
I was so excited this morning without thinking about it, I started to change my profile photo on Facebook, meaning to just make this photo on my phone, but was in Facebook and didn't think about it.... then once I changed it out, I thought to myself I shouldn't change my profile photo to our new baby until the grandparents have a chance to post and share.... so I inserted another photo of me. And finally did get our new great-grandchild posted to my phone so that when I open it up, there she is. I'll wait a little while, then maybe I'll change my profile photo.... but... this is what happens when one gets so excited about someone and wants to be respectful of everyone else... after all.... THEY are the parents, the grandparents..... :-) It's all good.
I need to go home. My day has truly been full of ...
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment