Monday, January 25, 2016

I'm finding I still don't like it....

The time clock, that is. But, it is what it is and I have to do what I have to do. Last week I had about 9 hours "overtime" but because we were off on Monday, most is straight time. Which is ok. I'm not trying to get overtime - in fact most days still I clock in - and out - and end up staying for another hour just to finish things up. I've complained all I'm going to. I have really thought about it this weekend (somewhat) and I'm just tired of it. I've even thought about retiring.... but that will never happen. We can not survive without this pay check. And I hate being in that position. But, for my life right now, that is the way it is.

I enjoy my job, I really do. But I must admit that at times I get jealous because others get to retire and travel and do things - and that will never happen for me. Every one of my siblings are either "retired" or "disabled" and drawing a check to where they don't have to work. I am the only one - the MIDDLE child, no less - who is still working. Sometimes I don't mind it, sometimes I wish I could take time off to do things I want to do - sometimes............

But this is my life. and so is the time clock. I would much rather be paid 40 hours regardless of how many hours I put in - except when I absolutely HAVE to work overtime. That's the way it used to be - and then I would only get an hour or two. BUT - I am hourly, they won't change it, and I have to clock in and out. Maybe I need to start taking the hour for lunch and go for a walk. Yeah, maybe I will start doing that today. Except I have so much to do! This morning I have to cover the front desk for two hours. I have 5 sets of minutes to complete and one meeting to prepare for on Thursday. Not counting my other duties.

Oh well. Quit complaining and just do it - right?

As I prayed about my job this morning I thanked God for it because it is a good job. I enjoy my job. I don't particularly like the 40 minute drive in to the office, but I don't mind it. The evening drive gives me time to call my older sister 3x a week and check on her. But it is a good job and although I'm not paid as much as I think I should be, I did agree to work for this amount of money so cannot say anything about it.

I am grateful for my job. It gives me life. I talk to other people. I am out of the house. I do things. This is my life.

But I still don't like the time clock. sigh.

Hope you have a good day. Time to get busy!

Blessings!

No comments: