At least this early meeting does! I was able to skip it last month as they made it a Christmas - oh, excuse me - a "holiday" party for their department, and I didn't have to attend. You would think that since I was in that department prior to this position, and because I have to be in their meeting every month taking minutes, that I would be included in their "holiday" party. But I wasn't. Interesting. Oh well. Today we have a real meeting and I will be there. I'm even bringing in the left-over store-bought cookies that hubby had left over from his meeting last night. Not many - but enough we don't want at home.
Work has been fairly busy the past couple weeks. Our printers (6 of them) are still giving us fits in different areas. Last Monday the one by me had a full toner cartridge. It doesn't take much to replace it, and inventory showed we had 7 in stock. Guess what. There are none to be found. So for two days I have had to print my items at a printer clear across the room - no kidding! It is nearly a straight line from my desk to the corner of the building - and I have to go all the way there to pick up my printing. A waste of my valuable time, for sure.
I am not liking - and liking - the time clock. This morning I clocked in when I got here (6:21 AM) as I need to prep for this meeting. Now I can do one of two things. I can count out my 8 hours (minus a 1/2 hour lunch) and then go home, or I can clock stay until I have been going home lately and get over time. No biggie. Anyway - I've been leaving about 3:45PM - 4:00PM because my boss has been gone for late meetings. I would stay if I had a meeting or if she needed me. I told her that I would make my hours 7-3:30PM - and I do enjoy getting out earlier cause that makes me home between 4:30 and 5:00PM. It just feels awkward - but I'm sure I'll get over that soon enough.
Well I need to get busy and pull my things together - that's what I'm here early for.
I prayed on the way in that God would not only protect me on the way in - but that He would open the lanes for me that I can move into them quickly, and that I would have safe travels. I love how He always answers. I can look in the rearview mirror to move into the next lane - and usually all the cars are about 20 car lengths back - which gives me plenty of time to move over. I love it when God determines my path! Ask Him to help you maneuver in traffic - He will!!
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment