Thursday, June 25, 2015

Well, I finally said 'enough'!

I did. I'm so tired of trying on clothes that are too tight, and no longer fit. I realized a long time ago that one shouldn't go by sizes when out buying clothes - you can buy the same brand, same style, and at the same store - and when you get the item(s) home - every one fits a bit differently. The only item I have ever found that fit me about the same, and that I was happy with, was my Riders brand pants. I can wear their jeans, I can wear their slacks - and in the same size. My gripe with them now - or perhaps it is with the stores that sell Riders pants - is that they no longer sell the different color slacks. They are casual, yet dressy, and I have been wearing them to work for years. Now I can't find them so have had to purchase other brands that don't fit well, I'm not comfortable in, and spend a lot more for. And wear less. My Riders slacks are probably about 5 years old so I know I need to replace, but even with buying several pairs of dress slacks this past year, I'm not happy with anything but my Riders brand. My jeans are fading out too and they are probably about 5 years old. Need to start looking around again, I guess.

But I got off track. That wasn't what I was going to talk about. What did I finally say 'enough'! about? My size, for one. My weight, for another. Work feeds me well. By that I mean that we seem to constantly have meetings that have food catered in. And I must admit, I do order good meals. Did I ever tell you about the Argentina style flank steak I ordered from Nibblers last month..... it was so good..... but again, I'm distracted. We always have good food, sandwiches, salads, soups, and always, always, always, cookies and brownies - whether from Paradise Bakery, Jason's Deli, Nibblers..... and so many other places. Not to mention pizza, or really, really good philly cheesesteak sandwiches from a little shop called 'Bite me'. See what I mean?

And I'm helpless. I LOVE food. and I especially love GOOD food. And food I don't have to cook - all I have to do is eat it. And I do. And I have. Ok - gotta go meet with someone to order food for next week. Back in a minute. (yes, I'm at work).

Ok, I'm back.

Oh, the food I have ordered for next week - I had to make sure that at least for lunch I will have salad. I've ordered a hot breakfast for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday..... hot meaning from a place called Crackers and another place called Chompies - which means biscuits, gravy, breakfast sandwiches, French toast, eggs, bacon, sausage.... yeah.... all that good stuff. Man, I'm hungry! I've also ordered lunches for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.... sandwiches, salads, and hot pastas. See why I am getting so fat? And I haven't mentioned that Zupas dips half their cookies in dark chocolate... and soooo good.

But getting to where I have said 'enough' - I joined weight watchers last Monday. Yes, I know, I shouldn't tell it, and just see if anyone notices over time, but now I've 'spit it out' there. Maybe by telling it, it will make me stick to it. Definitely costs enough, but I need something to motivate me to start watching my eating. I love chips. I love cookies. I love food. I have got to get control. My clothes don't fit. And it's time.

What about you? Have you reached a point about something in your life that you have finally just said 'enough'!? Is it spending too much? Is it going out too much? Is it shopping too much? Is it eating too much? As you stop to reflect - is there something you need to cut back on? Not necessarily give it up, mind you, but cut back on?

One thing I never want to cut back on is my loving God. He is my strength, my hope, and my very life. Without Him, without His intervention in my life, I would be nothing. I owe Him everything - all that I am and all that I have, is because of Him. And His love for me never fails. He forgives me daily. I am lost without Him guiding and encouraging and directing my life.

He will do that for you too. Just ask Him.

Blessings!

1 comment:

Rev Mom said...

I did actually write this yesterday - but for some reason it didn't 'publish' but instead just saved - which is a good thing!