Monday, June 8, 2015

It's a new week - new resolve....

Last week was a good week. I can't always say that, but overall, it was a good week. Yes, sigh, I did overeat - or rather, eat things I shouldn't have - because of going out to dinner 3 nights, then had big lunches here at work and a potluck breakfast on Friday..... yesterday we took a drive up north - at which dear friends gave me a package of Oreos because they love me - and I went to lunch and I went to dinner. Lunch was a salad and was very good - but dinner....sigh.... went to Culvers. And those of you who know about Culvers, there is NOTHING good that comes out of that place. (who wants to order a salad at Culvers?)

Overall, it was a good week. I enjoyed being with those I love and care for. Saturday I got to spend the day with my adopted aunt and help her clean house and work on her checking account. She fixed us chicken salad for lunch - as only older people can and will. I hope I never fix chicken salad like this. LOL When I make chicken salad (with chicken from a can), I shred the chicken, add miracle whip (which makes it best) and some grapes, some walnuts.... things to give it texture and flavor. My dear aunt cut the chicken pieces into tiny, tiny pieces. Then she added the following flavorings..... lemon pepper (or was it lemon garlic?), dill, parsley.... and finished it up with mayonnaise. Oh my word. She gave me about a cup of it for lunch, along with some crackers. I had to nearly force myself to eat it as the seasons were so strong. I ate a lot of crackers with it and a full glass of water! I would never hurt her feelings for the world, but I sure hope she never makes that for me again. I could easily lose weight eating that stuff. Some people like all that spice - I don't. Otherwise..... it could have been good....

Yesterday we visited our friends up north and because Marley got a vacation from us as well, we were able to stay a little longer. Hubby will be picking Marley up from the pet hotel before noon today. It was a good day too. We enjoyed seeing our friends at church, my girlfriend and I got to have lunch alone at our favorite salad place - Wildflower - and tried a new salad that was very, very good. After a leisurely lunch we headed to the house to meet up with the guys and play games in the afternoon. Come dinner time the boys were wanting to eat so off we went to Culvers. Bad move.... but the burger was good. Did you know that the kids meal burger is the same size as their regular burger? AND you get a small fry and drink AND a cup of icecream with one topping. I used Butterfinger. Yum. Yeah, I was not good.

But, today is a new day and I am behaving myself. I brought my oreos into work to share - far away from me. I had a protein shake for breakfast. Not sure what I will have for lunch - I do have protein shakes in my drawer to make if I am so inclined - plus I have a small blender I keep under my desk. I'm set, I think. And, as I was making coffee here at work, the TV was on, and the 21 day Fix was being shown. Yeah, it is a video/weight loss thing - I must admit I was really tempted. I need motivation, and I'm almost willing to do anything to get motivated. I wish I had someone who would want to exercise with me.

I decided against ordering it. I know that as I pray and lean into God, He will enable me to get past the temptations and help me to eat the way I should. He is far more powerful than any TV fix. Or 21 day fix. I can do this - with His help.

Time to get my workday started - hope you have a blessed day!

Blessings!

No comments: