Saturday I worked hard. I don't know what possessed me. By that, I mean I don't know what got me focused on getting something done. But I tell you what, although I am a big procrastinator, and I am sure I have ADHD - I got one room cleaned that I wanted to get cleaned on Saturday. I still have my back room, the guest room, and my office - all of which really needs a good clean-up. So what got my attention?
I had to go to the grocery store. So I cleaned out the refrigerator so that I could see what we really needed to buy. With that accomplished, I turned to the pantry. Oh yeah, all the shelves were really dusty - and have been for some time. But I straightened up the shelves and put the cans where they belonged. I made up a brief grocery list, after all, I am in between paydays. And off I went to the grocery.
You are probably figuring out already where I spent my time most of Saturday. Yep, after I came home from the grocery and started to put things away, I again looked at the dust on the pantry shelves and decided that since the shelves were nearly bare anyway, before I put the new cans on the shelf, I needed to clean them off. So shelf by shelf I took things off and was able to complete all but two of the bottom shelves where I keep my pampered chef pans and big stuff. I even got the shelves in front of the window. Then I started getting real light-headed, not sure why. Allergic to work? Doubtful. But the light-headedness persisted so when I finished with all but the two heavy laden shelves, I took to the couch to ward off any issues. Still not sure what caused it, but it lasted most of the day. Because I didn't eat lunch? Maybe - but I had a big breakfast. I don't know. It was just a real weird feeling, for sure. Cleared up after six that evening and it hasn't come back - hopefully it was just a quirk.
So now the pantry is cleaned and dusted and things are back on the shelves. Looks pretty good, even if I do say so myself! After church I let myself go play with my daughter and walk around a couple shops. No, the only thing I bought was a new box of tea for work. But it was a nice day and was good to get out.
The good part of having to 'rest' on Saturday after cleaning is that I was able to complete one book I was reading and read more in another book I am doing for work. And of course keep caught up in my 'Words with Friends'. I like the game cause it helps me keep my mind busy.
It is interesting that altho I 'rested' on Saturday, I didn't go to sleep in the afternoon - and come evening, I was awake several times during the night. Saturday night when I would awake I was reminded to pray over my boys.... hope there wasn't a real reason.... But again last night I was awakened three times during the night. Not sure why I woke up, but sure hope I sleep through the night tonight.
I don't usually mind being wakened during the night when my thoughts will focus and a name will come to mind for me to pray for. After I pray I usually go right back to sleep. I'm glad of that - 4AM comes early in the morning! Marley most always now is on the futon waiting on me when I come in. I whisper to her in the dark ('it's me, girl) and then walk across the room to turn the light on. She goes back to sleep until she senses me putting things down so that I can get up and head to the other room to get dressed. She's so funny. This morning as I was stacking my books up, she gets up and stretches, then sits in front of me. As I started to get up, she puts her two front paws on me to tell me, "not yet" - and then proceeds to climb into my lap. After petting her and loving on her for a minute, I have to make her get off for she won't get off on her own. This has gotten to be a morning ritual for her. Then she runs to the back door so that I can let her out for her 'morning duties', then runs back to the door to come in. This morning it was wet out.
My morning drive started out with going around an accident right where I turn on the street to get on the freeway. I ended up having to go into the shopping mall area and go around that way to get to the freeway entrance. Yeah, I could have done a u-turn, but, whatever. I didn't see any other accidents, although the road was very wet. I left a lot of room between me and the person in front of me. It wasn't too bad - but I'm hearing people come in and talking about the accidents they passed on the way in. One said on her drive she saw 3 accidents! My boss said she saw one. I always thank God that He gets me through all accidents and keeps me from being a part of it. Of course I have to do my part and drive carefully, then He does His part and takes care of me.
Hope that you have a safe driving day and since hubby and I have already prayed for our children on the road today, I'm going to trust they will also get through the day safely. Be safe out there.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment