Friday, October 3, 2014

It's a 'Half and Half' day....

I'm working from home this morning - but only for 4 hours. Then I'm taking 4 hours as "vacation time". I have some personal things I want to get accomplished and decided to take the time off. Didn't want to drive 20+ miles two ways for work for four hours so asked to stay home.

It would have been better if I had slept all night. I got my flu shot yesterday at work. The pharmacist from Walgreens (assuming that is who it was), gave me the shot too close to my shoulder. I heard from the nurses he should have given it 2 inches down from the shoulder bone. Anyway, He only went about an inch. Interestingly, I didn't feel it too much going in, but for some reason he pressed (I felt the pressure) on the spot before he pulled the needle out, so that I had a red circle around the area. Anyway, for a few hours I felt fine, then the soreness creeped in.

And that was weird for usually I do not have any soreness in my shoulder after a flu shot. Within minutes several people were complaining of the location and the soreness in their shoulders. One person said that a nerve had been hit for she had tingling when he gave the shot. Anyway, about 2:30AM I woke up with the soreness. I should have gotten up to take an aspirin or something, but didn't. Instead I chose to doze off and on until around 6-ish (hey, I'm working from home, didn't have to get up at 4AM!!). Hubby fixed breakfast and here I am. Reports are already sent out and I'm getting ready to work on other reports.

I'm already watching for 11AM to get here for that is when I'm through working and can "play". Don't really mean 'play' but get personal things done. My hair done for one thing!

Tomorrow morning we have an early meeting at the church - it is just the location for the meeting, not the reason for. Anyway - have that tomorrow then an errand to do later in the afternoon. Busy enough day, I guess.

Hope that you can take some time for yourself this weekend - life is too short to work all the time. But I do need to get busy on it!

Blessings!

No comments: