Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Part Work, Part Play today.....

What do I mean? Well, I have to work for the most part of the day, but we (my boss and I, and many others) are cutting out at 3PM and heading over to where our company is having the member health fair. We have 25 booths, I think, set up in this building and we are to decorate them in a travel theme, which was assigned. My "team" has Italy, and we have had a lot of fun putting it together. I've always wanted to see Italy - I love the Tuscany countryside (I know, too much Under the Tuscan Sun watching). I'll probably never go - but still, I love the beauty of the countryside - which probably would not be real if I did go.

Anyway - we will be decorating our booth in an Italian theme. We have lots of posters (and of course had to have one of Sophia Loren) of Italy and Red, Green, and White items, Flags, etc. We have a wine bottle with a candle, pasta to set out, decorations of all sorts. We get to decorate tonight from 4-7PM. The health fair is tomorrow and we are hoping for 200 of our members to attend - I think last count was 182. We won't be spending the day or working at the health fair tomorrow, but will be running over there in the afternoon to check on how it is going. My boss and I are staying here at the office during the day to get work done. But we do have to go back over about 4-ish to tear down and put things away from our booth.

Interruptions this morning! This is all I have I guess for it's already after 8AM and I need to get to work - got to get SOMETHING done today! But I got to wear jeans and tennis shoes so I'm comfortable!

Ok - I just have to tell you a funny - at least I laugh every time I think about it. Our restrooms are in the process of being remodeled in this building. When the one side of our building was FINALLY completed, but wasn't approved yet to open up, one of the directors and I decided to do a quick look to see what they looked like. They took it from three stalls to two stalls so they could make one a handicap one. (and to think there are lots more women on this floor and only two stalls at each end of the floor? Who designed this - a man?)

Anyway - we checked out the women's restroom and then decided, since it wasn't open yet, to peek inside the men's restroom. We walked in and looked around, and the next thing I knew, the director had walked up to a urinal and was standing there in front of it. I looked at her very quizically (is that a word?) - and she says, "I always wondered what that felt like."

You almost had to pick me up off the floor. That happened maybe a month ago - yesterday I walked by her office and I paused and said, "you know, every time I walk past the rest room I think..." and she and I both burst out laughing until tears were falling down our face. She was laughing about the look on my face when she did that - and I was laughing about what she had done and said.

Ok - hope that brought a smile. I still think it is so funny.

Have a great day!

Blessings!

No comments: