Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Health Fair Day!

This post was actually started on Thursday, September 25...

Our company health fair is today. My boss - and about 100+ others - went over to the place we are renting for our health fair and decorated last night. We have teams and are assigned booths to decorate. The theme is 'Passport to Healthy Living' and the booths are given location themes. We have Hollywood, Las Vegas, Mexico, England, Italy (which is ours), a "pampered corner" where one of our members can get clear nail polish put on, and a free haircut. We have Paris, and I can't think of the others. I went over with everyone and helped decorate our Italy booth. We had a lot of fun and we feel it really looks nice. Our colors were of Italy, of course - Green, White, Red. We draped plastic green, white, red tablecloths in the corners, hung up posters of Italy - including Sophia Loren. It was a fun time and in no time at all we had it completed. Oh - and I got to have my photo taken with John Wayne. It's on a friend's camera so will have to wait to show it. I think that was in the Hollywood booth.

I tried to send some photos to my email here at work so that I could post a couple photos here - but it won't accept. Guess I need to download the photos at home and add later.

My boss has to attend a conference today nearby and asked that if I wanted to go with her. Duh. Sit in office and work or sit at a table and give out freebies at a conference. Easy choice for me. I like interacting with others.

Just found this in draft form - must have gotten interrupted last week when we did the health fair. I did go to the conference with my boss and "man the table" with her. It was fun. From there we went to the health fair and hung around until the end, tearing down our Italy booth. We didn't win a prize, but that's ok. It was fun working as a team to pull it together. Which booth won first place? Pets on Wheels. It's a company that has people bring pets to meet with the elderly and are gentle enough that they can be petted (the animals, not the people). Their booth was fixed up as a petting zoo. Cute.

Ok - already did one blog and now it's time for work. Have a great one!

Blessings!

No comments: