It has already proven to be a busy week - and it shows in that I haven't had a chance to do a post the last three days. I took Monday off work as a mental health day - and I really did neet it. I was getting burnout and needed a break from everyone and every thing. I had a doctor's appointment in the morning for my annual physical. That started my day off. From there I decided to go over to Canaan in the Desert. I haven't been there in years and I decided I needed to have some time alone in the prayer garden there.
I arrived there around ten-ish, I think. It was already starting to get very warm. I took my journal, my water, and began my walk through the prayer garden. About half-way through I was starting to sweat. Yes, I rarely do more than just glisten, but the sweat was rolling down my back, the sides of my face, etc. I continued to walk the garden, sitting in shade when if I found some. I finally made it all the way around and to the fountain. I drank a lot of water by then.
Making my way to the chapel I was able to sit inside the building - yet, it was warm in there as well. I had just settled in for a few minutes when my phone decided to ring with a recorded call. It made a distraction and I was unable to get focused again because it had disrupted my quiet time of just sitting and being at peace. I finally gave up and headed back home.
It was still a good morning and I was able to think and just be by myself for a couple hours.
Hubby and I then went to lunch, and then a little later we took a walk around Paradise Valley mall. It beat sitting at home another day. After the walk we had and early dinner than went home. Overall, it was a good day. But Tuesday came and I was back at work. Early.
I had a 7AM meeting yesterday morning and I was here just before 6AM as I needed to check the folder to see if any changes had been made since Friday - and they had, of course. So I had to redo the agenda, and do more printing of documents. I was able to complete it in time for the meeting.
Last night I got my 'reward' for having to rush around - I went for a deep tissue massage - and wow - did he ever find the knots in my back and work on them! I'm feeling a bit stiff and sore this morning; I probably should have taken an aspirin or something before going to bed. But I didn't. I did drink two large glasses of water to help flush the toxin out. But it was late, and I do get up early, so didn't stay up long. Of course the water I drank before bed caused me to get up a couple times during the night. I've already got my appointment scheduled for next month.
Today is my last day in the office this week. Thursday and Friday hubby and I will be at a leadership conference. I've heard of these in the past and how awesome they were - I'm hoping this will be just as great. I'm looking forward also to a couple days off work so that I can relax and learn some thing about leadership. Also today my boss is taking me out for my birthday lunch and a pedicure. I am looking forward to that pampering as well.
It was interesting this year as far as my birthday at work. I do have a lot of friends here - and I work around about six women who do THEIR coworkers birthdays up big, decorating cubicles, etc. They are in a different department than I, although we sit next to each other. Interestingly enough, none said anything when I left Friday, nor when I returned. No happy birthday, no decorations, nothing. It was interesting. Two of my friends from my previous department gave me gifts last week. It's not about the gifts, but I'm amused. It's hard to explain.
And I'm rambling, I've shared too much personal stuff. It's raining outside and I wish I could just stand outside in it. It wasn't too bad driving in to work this morning. I was singing and praising God on my way in and didn't have any trouble at all, although we did run between 30-50 MPH on the highway. I wasn't in a hurry so it didn't matter. Tonight is praise and worship at church - I think we are going.
Hope that you have a good day. Maybe by this weekend I will have something to share of value.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment