Thursday, August 7, 2014

Do I or don't I?

I have got to be good. I've got to quit eating so much fattening 'stuff'. That's all it is, anyway. What is that saying, 'a moment on the lips, forever on the hips'? Guess what - it's true. Sigh. It tastes so good on the lips - but after that...... I made brownies last night. Turtle brownies. You know, the ones with nuts and caramel in them. Hey, it was a box mix! I was going over to visit my neighbor last night and she loves chocolate. So I made them and took part of them over to her last night. The rest I brought in to work. All the way in to work I told myself I wasn't going to eat any. I told myself I was 'allergic' to them (they make me fat). It didn't work. I was passing them out this morning and a corner piece spoke to me. And I ate it. And it is even now on its way to my hips. Oh well, 'it is what it is'. One of these days I will get back on track.

I have finished the last chapter in the book I have been using for the reports here at work. The book ended with a story about relationships. One of the quotes was from children's author Dinah Maria Mulock Craik who wrote, "Oh, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person; having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but to pour them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then, with the breath of kindness, blow the rest away."

When somebody loves you with no strings attached and no personal agenda, it's the most freeing thing in the world. It creates a safe environment wherever you are.

It's hard to find those people who can love you with no strings attached. Usually it's your mother. LOL Of course it is your mother!

Seriously, (well, I was serious about the mother part too) when you have someone in your life who will accept you just as you are, love you in spite of your mistakes, walk the life journey with you no matter where it takes you, that person gives you freedom to be who you are, who you want to be. That person gives you freedom to dream, rather than be a dream killer. When was the last time you had a dream, and when you shared it, was told to 'go for it'? I'm not talking about 'sleep dreams' but about dreams of wanting to achieve a goal.

Maybe it is about losing weight (ok, on the brain right now). Perhaps it is to write a book. Perhaps it is do do a certain occupation. Perhaps it is to go somewhere. Perhaps it is just to do some thing. Whatever it is that your heart longs for - do you have the unconditional love of the person who walks life with you - that you know you can do anything, you can say anything, and they can read between the lines and understand your heart, and not judge you for it or read more into what is said?

Are you that kind of person for someone else?

Do you encourage others to dream dreams of achieving great things? Or are you a dream killer, a dream crasher, when they share what they want to do. Do you take everything they said to you and turn it around for your benefit? Or do you let them dream and dream with them - for them?

God has designed us all for great things. Some dreams won't be realized until you are in your twilight years. Maybe your dream was going back to school. Why not take one class right now, just to get your mind thinking about the dream again? Maybe your dream was to travel - are you saving your money so that you can travel at some point in your life?

Do you have someone that you can open up and share your heart with, someone who won't read the words but hear your heart? Those people are invaluable. You don't want judgement, you want acceptance, whether it agrees with their philosophy or mindset or not. Just because you aren't as 'religious' as some, does not mean your words are not valid. And, while I'm at it, don't take people's comments or statements about their dreams and build your thoughts on them. It isn't about you. If it was your dream, God would have designed it for you.

Don't you just sometimes like to have a conversation in which you could open your heart and not be judged; not be condemned, not be criticized, not be.....

Geez, I can't even write my blog cause I have to keep changing things so that I don't offend anyone. So don't judge me. Don't condemn me. Don't criticize me. Just...."neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but to pour them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then, with the breath of kindness, blow the rest away."

Blessings!

1 comment:

Ralphd00d said...

I wonder who you are trying not to offend .... Now I have to re-read the whole post (and earlier ones) to "read between the lines" LOL~!!!