Monday, January 13, 2014

I will be positive....I will be positive.... sigh...... Lemonade!!

I had a program on my computer a few months back called "business objects" in which there are reports that need to be downloaded and sent out to other people daily. When I took this promotion, I was told that was then my responsibility to get the reports generated and distributed. No problem. I was doing it just fine. Then, one morning, it was gone. Along with all my TruCare things... remember when that disappeared and all the issues surrounding it? Well, guess what. I got my Business Objects back last Thursday. I sent out the reports on Friday as required. This morning, alas, Business Objects has once again disappeared from my computer. I sent an email to Corporate last week when I had the program and was able to use it. This morning I emailed Corporate that it had again disappeared.

But I will not let that deter me. I asked a director to sent out the reports this morning. I have emailed Corporate and cc my VP that I have once again lost the program. Now, all I can do is move on.

Sometimes that is what we just have to do. You get dealt lemons ever so often, and what you do with those lemons, i.e., your attitude on how you respond to those lemons, determine how your day will go. And, usually how your life is. It is a true reflection of who you are.

If you find yourself frustrated at a comment on facebook and you respond in anger, you have accomplished nothing. Don't even bother to respond. Just delete it if possible. If someone sends you an email, that bothers you because of untruth, delete it. And move on. You get a hateful letter in the mail; either respond in love, or just throw it away. It it opens up your eyes to see the truth, then you need to ponder what is spoken to you.

But whatever you do, do not allow that letter, that email, that posting, any words spoken against you (unless they are true!!) to cause you to become angry, bitter, discouraged or frustrated. I know, easier said than done. I've had my share of things beating me up this past year. I'm sure you all have had as well. Some have even gotten 'jabbed' this year. You just need to remember one thing.

This situation, this comment, this question, this letter, these words, anything - does not have the power to beat you up unless you allow it. You alone have control of how you respond to life. You can become angry and bitter. You can hold a grudge. You can withdraw and cry, whine, and bellyache at your pity parties. Give it up. You control your response. Not saying what is said doesn't make you angry (especially if not true). Not saying it isn't ok to get angry. But the point is, if it is wrong, go to the person and tell them that what they said was wrong and you were offended by what they said. Sometimes they don't know they are wrong; they are just wanting a response.

Sometimes I cringe when I see things on things like facebook, for I know it is going to hurt someone. And I know it usually is not true. If it was true, I'd be saying it to them, face to face. But some things do not need to be posted on facebook. Your life is private, and unless you want the entire world to see how opinionated, how stupid, how prideful and arrogant you are, I suggest you keep your posting to yourself and not do it. You know who you are. Stop and think what these things look like to the 'outside' people reading your posts. I don't care what your political opinion is. It may be the same as mine. It may not be the same as mine. But regardless, I don't care what yours is unless I ask you. Being on facebook is dangerous. You forget others read and see what you say. Other people don't know where you are coming from in your comments, your reason. The responses or the comment should be messaged between you, not broadcast to the rest of the world. Ok - sore spot for me. I just don't feel some things should be on facebook. Enough said.

And with that - it's time for me to start work - constant interruptions this morning before 8AM so my play time is gone. So whatever you do, no matter what is said to you or done to you - check your attitude.

And when you get dealt lemons, make lemonade!

Blessings!

No comments: