Well, in all reality, I guess one could say it ISN'T hectic this morning - I got up on time, did my quiet time, got ready for work. Hubby fixed me breakfast so we sat and had breakfast together. I finished getting my things together, put a jacket on, grabbed my bag and my lunch, and headed out the door.
I get in my van, and start to back out of the driveway. It wouldn't move. I briefly thought that was odd but checked to see if I had in fact put it in reverse. I had. I gave it a little more gas, and it started to move. Mind you, at 6:00AM it is still dark out right now. Hubby always walks me to the van and watches me leave every morning. This morning was no exception. He watches, then waves for me to stop.
I have a flat tire. Right rear. Flatter than a donut. (Where did we ever get that saying?) Hubby said he would take me to work so I backed on out of the driveway and parked the van in front. He locks up the house and starts to back his car down the driveway when I realize something. It's only 6:05AM by that time and I don't have to be at work until 8AM - and regardless, I'm not on the phones any more so it doesn't matter if I'm not there by 8AM. AND, he teaches class on Wednesday evenings and as this is Wednesday, I would have no way home. I don't relish the thought of having to find someone going my way or waiting until 9PM to get to go home.
So I stop him and tell him 'no worries'. Call AAA and have them come out and add air to my tire. When our repair shop opens at 7AM, hubby can drive my van down there and they will check the tire, fix it, and check all the others (we just had it in Saturday and had the tires rotated) - all for free cause we bought the tires there a year or so ago. They take good care of us. I think I have had two slow leaks since we bought the tires and they repaired at no charge. I may not get on the road again until 8AM, but no worries. I came in and text'd my boss that I had a flat tire and I would be at work as soon as I could. My boss knows me well and knows I will be in as soon as I can. Also, I have no meetings today that I need to finish preparing for, so I'm not stressing either.
Besides, I can get online here on my home computer so 'no worries' there either. I can check her calendar and get it printed for her - she will just need to pick it up off the printer. In fact, if I chose to, I could just work at home today. I have already downloaded the tapes from the two meetings I had yesterday to the computer. I could work on the minutes here - minus my notes. But I don't want to. I don't enjoy working from home too much. Besides, I have two screens at work and it is easier to get things done. At least now I'm not being asked to do my former job as they finally hired someone.
YEA!! AAA is already here to put air in my tire - and the repair place opens in 15 minutes. I should be on the road within the hour, I'm guessing. I need to stop and get gas before I get on the freeway, but that won't take long. It's all good. This is why I like leaving early in the morning - I get to work within a half hour - 45 minutes, depending on traffic, I still have about an hour to settle in, make coffee (oh my, who is going to make the coffee this morning!!), get my water, and chill and visit before time to work. Little things like this are nothing when you allow the time for things like this to happen.
Thank You, Jesus, Tom saw the flat before I got out of the driveway! I didn't drive very far on it so the tire isn't damaged. And it is going to be fixed right away. God is good.
So guess I need to get off here and get prepared to leave again. I can ride with hubby down to the repair place, and then just drop him off here on my way to work and keep going. Works like a plan.
Hectic? Naw, not when I have allowed time for mishaps. No stress, no worries. I'll get to work when I get to work. God took care of me - again. The tire could have gone flat on the freeway. It could have blown as I drive 65 miles an hour on I-10. Well, sometimes I can, depends on traffic. Regardless, I could have been on my own. In the middle of traffic. God protected me by letting it go flat now.
Hmmmmm. Hubby just came back in. AAA said that it is a slow leak and he put air in the tire (we have nitrogen in the tires) rather than changing it, and said it will hold until hubby gets it down to the shop. I told hubby I'd go with him, but he said the lobby opens at 7AM - he isn't sure when a repair person comes in. So, rather than me sit down there and wait as well, I will stay home and have another cup of coffee. Hubby is heading off to the repair shop now.
So that is how my day is starting. Hope that your morning is uneventful and all things go smoothly. Have a blessed day!
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment