I FINALLY got transferred under my new boss. At least I was told it was to happen last Monday. Which means I should be working my new job now, but am not. Well, not completely. Still doing both jobs - but mainly the job I started with. To my knowledge they haven't even interviewed anyone for the position. I think they plan to hire a temp to do this job so that they don't have the extra expenses of insurance, etc. to pay out. I imagine most companies are going that route now with all the healthcare issues. I have not moved to my new location yet either.
I went to lunch yesterday with my new boss. We had to make a run to Staples to pick up a new recorder for our meetings and grabbed lunch while we were out. I was able to ask some questions (more) about the new position, and found out that I have several more meetings that I will need to attend and take minutes at. And minutes are NOT my favorite thing to do, but one of necessity to complete. Only a couple are REAL important as they are required/reported meetings and the minutes are reviewed and approved by other committees. The others are mainly for information purposes on who is doing what, or should be doing what.
Anyway, my new boss stated yesterday she would like me to be in my new position the week of Christmas. Being a short week, I didn't think it would matter, but since she is the boss, hopefully it can happen! It will be strange. My cubicle is smaller than the one I have now, and I will be removed from being able to glance up and see out the windows. Small price to pay to get to work with this person. I'm so busy where I'm at, doing the "old" job, that I haven't even had time to move any of my things down to the new location. And I'm taking it ALL with me. I don't know when it will be needed so may as well take it all.
It will take a few days/weeks to 'get in the groove' of the new job. I know I already have two sets of minutes I need to get typed - and I COULD be typing them when I first come in mornings - but, I like this time to write my blog, or complete any other task I need to do. I had thought about going online and trying to do some Christmas shopping..... don't see that happening this week. I have other tasks that I need to be doing as well.
And I have a meeting from 9-10:30 that I must attend today for it is a company mandatory meeting. Gotta love those. But still, perhaps I can learn something I need to know. One thing for sure, this new position will place me with people higher up the ladder than I and I will need to be alert and watchful for things I need to be aware of. I need to keep my boss informed on the 'little things' she may not be aware of. Then I have lunch plans with friends from 11-12PM today.
I just tell myself 'I think I can' and determine ways to achieve what I feel I need to on this new position and to be successful at it. It's been a long while since I've done this. One part of me is looking forward to it, another part is getting my confidence up to do it. So I will continue to tell myself 'I think I can'.
Went to a granddaughter's choir concert last night then out for pizza with the family. Hadn't done that in a long while and it was fun to hang out for a little while. Got us home late, then we had to stay up for a little while so that our pizza could settle down before heading to bed. It was worth it though and we had a good time. The concert was nice and we enjoyed it.
Hope to get our Christmas tree and other decorations out this weekend. Plus bake. Plus shop. I keep debating if I will stop at the mall on the way home from work tonight and try to get some shopping done. Part of me is saying "no" for I finally have a night this week with nothing going on - other than I need to run over and visit my neighbor - haven't been over there for about 3-4 weeks. I used to go one night a week - and now it seems it is getting to be once a month. We were to go to dinner with a lot of friends on Friday, but we have cancelled going. I took off at 4:30 last night so that I could attend the concert, but to ask to get off again early I am hesitant to do so. Plus, it's Friday and the place will be busy (we used to do it on a Thursday evening) as it is a popular place to eat. I would much rather chill out at home and maybe get the tree up and get some things done.
Christmas is less than three weeks away and I have so much to do and so little time to do it in. Today is December 5th, in case you haven't noticed. That makes Christmas less than 3 weeks away!! I've usually completed a lot of baking by now and have grandchildren scheduled for baking cookies and other things. Have't even gotten that far yet. Need to start looking at the calendar. This Saturday is out - things to do during the day and my office Christmas party is Saturday evening. And oh joy. It's at the hotel just by the PAC12(?) game. That area is going to be so packed. In fact, we got a map from the "fun committee" this morning about the Christmas party with the schedule. They strongly advise using the valet parking (which we will) instead of trying to park nearby ourselves. Just have to take money to tip with.
I need to start looking at my day and get things ready so am signing off for now. I'm glad it's Thursday. Tomorrow is 'jean day'. No tennis shoes, but we can wear jeans. Works for me. Just more relaxing in jeans. Maybe I will start packing up my things tomorrow and take some down to my new desk down the hall. Then again, not sure when I can get that done. But it will soon.
Hope that you 'think you can' get your job done today and do it to the best of your ability. That's all our employers ask of us - do the best we can. 'I think I can' do that. The Bible says to work as though unto the Lord. In order words, do your best. Be honest in your job. The time you are assigned to work - that is what the plan is - for you to work. No long lunch hours, no long breaks. And quit complaining about how much you make - you agreed to work for that amount. If you aren't happy with what you make - find another job in which you will be happy with what you make. Just saying.
Regardless, hope that you have a great day and find it full of.....
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment