Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christmas and all its trimmings....

Merry Christmas everyone! We started the morning off early - like in 5AM - just because we can. Although we could sleep in on Christmas morning, we choose to get up early. Hubby lights the fire (yes, it is a 'no burn' day in Phoenix, but we have a gas log, which is nice for days like this), makes my coffee, and we settle down to open gifts.

First of all we go through our stockings. Yeah, it is a big stocking too. My mommy didn't raise no dummy here. I have a big stocking. :-) Anyway, Santa fills up my stocking so I go through it. Then we start opening our gifts from each other. I was very good again this year and got lots of nice things. As did hubby, of course. After our gift opening I cooked breakfast. Marley even got bacon and eggs with some dog food this morning. Not that she is spoiled or anything. She could use a bath though.

Now we are kind of just sitting around waiting on the first round of grandchildren to arrive with the parent(s). I have some things I should finish up on, but have already put in a box so won't get out for now. It won't get finished in time anyway.

It's been a few days since I've been able to write on here. I thought I started something yesterday - but not sure what happened other than my boss came in about an hour earlier than usual and I got distracted. Now to keep from repeating myself, I feel like I need to go back to see when was the last time I added something! Life has kept me very busy, for sure! Changing jobs and having to learn new things, baking/playing with the grandchildren, trying to get my own baking done (didn't succeed much on this one), making things (didn't get all this done either), and other things that I need to complete. Just didn't get it done. Oh well. It is the thought that counts, not the gift. Right?

Today is the day we tend to contact those we haven't seen or spoken to for awhile and wish Merry Christmas. I have received many such greetings on facebook this morning. It is always nice to feel loved. I have gotten so bad at sending out Christmas cards - I keep telling myself I am going to address the cards in October, and then I can be done and be ready to get them in the mail by the first of December. Yeah, I'm going to do that. We will see. If you get a Christmas card from me next year, you will know I succeeded with my goal.

Goals - oh yeah - New Years is right around the corner. My son commented one year that he doesn't believe in resolutions - they only get broken anyway. Instead, choose goals. I like that - a lot - and I am already pondering my goals for 2014. I know one for sure - hubby bought me some new clothes in the size I told him. Well, they just don't make sizes like they used to - and they ain't running larger! Guess what one of my goals are going to be!

Which reminds me - I will have a new coach for 2014. In case I haven't already mentioned it in a previous post. His name will be "coach Jeffrey" and he is an exercise coach. Dang! Why did they have to set me up with someone who pushes exercise? He just might make me do it! LOL I did enjoy speaking with Coach Olivia this past year. We only talk one time a quarter - but I get points for the coaching and for other participation in 5Ks, etc. I won a $100 Fitbit (exercise tool) and $350 off on my medical insurance based on what I did last year. I thought that was pretty good. Want to do it again this year. The Color Run is January 25, I think. I haven't signed us up yet - and it may be too late. Need to check and see how much it is - probably full cost by now.

Not much to share today - and I'm back to work tomorrow. Perhaps I will have something to share from the rest of the day. I am praying for a good day with those I love. Sometimes Christmas can bring out the worst - and the best - in people.

May you and yours have a blessed day - and not only today - but throughout the rest of your life. Merry Christmas.

Blessings!

No comments: