Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Short and Sweet -

I have ten minutes before time to start work. Since I hadn't written since Sunday, thought I would jump in and add something. Something creative perhaps? Naw, the juices are not flowing.

I had a 'duh' moment yesterday. My middle child has a company phone now so he gave his personal phone to his son. My son commented on facebook if anyone wanted his number to contact him. Well, here is my 'duh' moment. I sent a text to the telephone number - yes, the old one, and asked for his new number. That obviously was not what he meant when he put it on facebook. Well, imagine how stupid I felt when my grandson sent me a text and said this is ..... He sent me the phone number later that evening - and my son sent it later as well because I did go back on facebook and ask him for it. Talk about a 'duh' moment.

But sometimes it is ok to have a 'duh' moment, don't you think? It often brings smiles to those who observe the silly - or stupid - things you do. And if you are smart, you will acknowledge what you did was silly or stupid - and laugh about it and move on. I mean, what else are you going to do - get mad because they laughed at you for being stupid or silly? DUH

Here at work things are up and down. I feel the 'enemy' is actively at work this week. Could it be because I am fasting with my friend - and friends here at work? Within the group I am fasting with here at work - comments are being made that disturb me but I have chosen to leave them alone. Things involving fasting. Things like 'don't watch what people are fasting from and make comments - we all fast what we want'. Not sure what that is about - but it left me with the impression that she wasn't fasting food and didn't want anyone to notice. I don't even see her during the day - and being within our cubicles all day - no one sees each other. I told them at the beginning that it is between them and God what they fast - I didn't want to know. However, it has caused one person to withdraw from the group fast. She emailed me yesterday and I again told her to do what she wanted to do - no one was forcing her into a fast - if she chose to do it, it was between her and God. I don't usually share when I'm fasting, but felt led to do so this time. Interestingly, it has strengthened our connection.

I made a joking comment on Monday to someone - and on Tuesday received a scathing email from her about my comment. What was the comment? One of our temps was being let go Monday - and we would have loved to have a going away party for her because she has been here several months - but because she didn't find out until Monday afternoon that was her last day, we were unable to do anything. Earlier in the day another coworker had sent a message out she was getting married this weekend, taking a couple days off, and her last day is a week from Friday. I was already planning a shower/going away type shower for her. To me it was a natural comment when she was mouthing off later to the temp leaving that she wasn't leaving until the 11th, I commented we were going to have a party when she leaves. Well, I got a look then - and I told her then, that I was just joking with her. She sent a scathing email to me yesterday about how rude I was to her. I've had to ponder that and I finally responded again with an apology and explained why I said what I did - and it wasn't meant to be rude, but funny, and now I wasn't going to organize anything because she instructed me not to have anything to do with her for the rest of her time here. Her loss. I'll let someone else pull something together for her.

I've spent a lot of time in prayer about this situation and realize that it is the enemy pulling me down - focusing on ME and my feelings, and not God. Therefore, I have resolved I am done thinking about it and will move on.

It is a beautiful day outside this Wednesday morning in Phoenix. It's terrible to be inside and not out walking in this cool air, but it is what it is.

Hope your day is a beautiful one. Time for me to get to work!

Blessings!

No comments: