Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Still Hoping and Still Waiting....

I received a call a few minutes ago from one of the companies I have applied for a job.  I really would like this job, although it is several miles away.  Everything I have heard about the company has been positive and I know people there already.  I received the phone call from HR but all they wanted to do was update me, stating that they still haven't heard back yet on the approval to hire, apologized for the delay but 'during this time of year they are usually slow' and that I was still high on the list.   Good but yet not good.  So I'm still hoping and still waiting.

And I'm still applying.  I nearly completed an app for Sears and for KMart yesterday..... but didn't hit submit.  I don't mind working at either place, but it is like a 'last resort', and since I don't job hop and wherever I end up I want to stay there.... well, I don't know if that is where I want to stay for the rest of my life.  Especially when you hear of companies cutting back hours on their employees due to Obamacare.  I need a job that pays medical benefits.  So, even though it is pretty positive I will get this job, it is uncertain as to when.  Guess that gives me a specific prayer request to make - rather than just asking prayer for employment, ask that corporate will respond with a yes answer so that I can get started.

Came across this scripture this morning and it reminded me to give thanks for having the opportunity to apply for jobs, being healthy, etc.

1 Thessalonians 5:18
give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.

So - I guess because I haven't found a job yet (my will) it is because God hasn't put the job He wants for me to have (His will) in front of me?  Or is it because I am waiting for this one job which is a near sure thing, and it will come about when it's time?  But, uh, God?  Can we hurry this timeframe up before we are completely broke?  Sigh.  I try to be patient, but in this it is getting very difficult.  But, I don't want to just grab anything to have employment.  Will continue to put out my applications and see what happens.

A friend told me Sunday that he couldn't believe I haven't been hired yet - my resume is stellar (so he says).  I asked him if he wanted to hire me. :-) 

I have been enjoying cooking the past few days - canned a lot of bread and butter pickles, made up a couple batches of cranberry pumpkin nut bread, made garbage and extra for others, made chocolate chip cookies.... I need to finish up pickles; still have 1/2 crate of cucumbers.  Could bake some more bread too.  But for now, need to run an errand.

Today I am trusting in God that I will get a job soon.  I am trusting that it will be the right job.  I still haven't heard back from several that I have applied for, so who knows - perhaps one of these will call yet today and want an interview.  In this whole process of finding a job I have discovered three things.

1.  It is very convenient to submit an application/resume on line.
2.  I don't like submitting an application/resume on line cause unless the words are put just so so - the computer just generates a rejection letter.
3.  I don't like phone interviews, even though they are convenient. I prefer eye contact.

This entire process has been humbling; I never thought I would have this difficulty in finding a job - especially since I am not asking near what I was making.  Oh well.  It is all in God's hands.

Blessings!


No comments: