I will be so glad when all this hoola is over! Oh yes, I watched the debates, well, most of them. I read the news articles from different places. I tried to stay focused on the topics. Which, I discovered, neither of the candidates for President of the United States did. Why can't they just answer the question??!! Stop going back to get your 2cents worth in on the last question but focus on the question you are being asked!! ARRGGGHHH!!!
We mailed our ballots in a few weeks ago after sitting down and discussing each of the pros and cons on the candidates for the different offices, and also all the judicial people and the other propositions. It was interesting in some respects. We often went 'for real?' Some decisions were no brainers. Which reminds me of the article I read this morning on aol. This woman coming towards a stopped school bus did not want to stop while the bus unloaded children. What does she do? She turns onto the sidewalk so that she doesn't have to stop! I'm not sure if it was that day or another day, but it was taped by the school bus - and as she pulls onto the sidewalk to avoid stopping, then back onto the street, she gets pulled over by the police. Her punishment, other than a $250 fine? She has to wear a sign stating something about being an idiot for an hour for two days next week. Duh. And she probably planned to vote too. Where do all these people come from?
Anyway, today is election day and I will be so glad to not get the phone calls, watch the tv ads (even though we mute them), listen to anyone doing their opinion.... silence. Quiet. Oh, the peace of it all.
I received two phone calls today - one to say the job had been offered to someone else, and the other to ask if the salary amount was negotiable. Of course I said yes! I have really been wanting this job - a lot less stress and I have heard so many positive things about this company I am sure I will enjoy working there. I am hoping for a phone call yet today, but I am quickly learning HR works at their own schedule. Hopefully tomorrow I will get an offer and can accept the position. It would definitely take some stress off. Just to get some benefits too so that I can drop my insurance which is costly and doesn't seem to cover anything. If I can start the new job on Monday, that would work great for I have a blood donation scheduled for Friday morning.
Falling back on yesterday's blog in which I talked about being positive - and going to the gym - I want you to know that I was up at 4AM and we were at the gym by 4:30AM. I got about 4.5 miles in this morning. As we were leaving, my friend walked out with us and said 'see you tomorrow'. I believe my hubby responded 'no', but I told her I guess I have to be positive so I'll think positive about going. Why not - I got my workout done early and still have my day ahead of me.
I even baked two batches of my Cranberry Pumpkin Nut bread today - about 19 mini loaves. It is sooooo good.
Obviously I have nothing to write about today. Well, my sissy reminded me of this scripture when we were discussing the election.
II Chronicles 7:14 - "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
I know people are quoting that scripture - and it doesn't seem right because people are not turning to God, they aren't confessing their wicked ways. But people are using that scripture because they want a certain person in the presidential office - and the funny thing is, they are talking about one or the other!
Whoever gets elected, our position as Christians are to pray for the President, for Congress, for the House of Representatives - for those in leadership. We are to pray they will have wisdom to make the right choices and that those who influence them will give them the right answers. Sometimes God allows us to vote the wrong one in office so that the hearts will turn to Him in desperation.
Just like He has allowed me not to find a job yet - I can guarantee you that He is more centered in my thoughts than ever before. Well, maybe not ever before, but I had probably gotten a bit lax lately in thinking about Him. I prayed and thought of Him in my quiet time, but the rest of the day, probably not. But now, I am consistently praying and seeking His wisdom and guidance on every job application I complete and every time I go even to the grocery store, that I will get only what I need to get!
Which reminds me, I 'bumped' into my son's MIL today at the grocery. For all the hardship this woman is going through, she still was joyful and had a smile on her face. We chatted for a bit and the first thing she shared was how appreciative she was of my son's helping her every day. He sits with her husband (who is seriously ill with Parkinson and Dementia) while she runs the children to school or picks them up, and on Tuesday mornings he stays with his FIL so that she can get away and do errands, grocery, bank, etc. She went on and on about how grateful and appreciative she is. Made me so proud of my boy.
Of course she also had to share that our 10 year old grandson got all the way to school this morning before he realized he forgot to put shoes on. He is definitely our little Tennessean! In fact, very few of the grandchildren wear shoes half the time - and he is one of them. This isn't the first time he has forgotten to put shoes on whether for school or for church. My mama was born in the hills of Tennessee and so was I, so I proudly claim bare feet privileges.
I hope that you got out today - or voted early - to make your vote count.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment