Thursday, September 2, 2021

Sometimes the south just comes out...

 I couldn't resist.  Saw some books on sale that said something about 'it's a southern thing'... and because I love the fact I was born in the south (my only claim as we moved at the age of 3 to the midwest), I had to buy them for my great-grandchildren for Christmas.  I haven't looked that thoroughly through them yet, I hope they will be enjoyed.  Mark some more gifts off my list.

I love being from the south.  I love that my mother hung on to her southern upbringing enough that the words used in conversations became natural for me as well.  Sometimes I am conscious of saying it as it comes out, but most times I am not.  Words like 'can't', or 'won't', or 'ya'll'.... I'm sure there are others that I say but am not going to think about it now.  Some people tease me about some of the things I say.  And that's ok.  I think that is how I have become more conscious of it.  If no one brought it to my attention, I probably would not have even noticed.  It was just the communication I had growing up.

On another note... the tests were easily completed yesterday.  Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.  I may hear results in a few days; I was told on one I will get a letter in a week or so.  I know that I can get through anything as long as I walk with Jesus by my side.  He holds my hand always, and gathers me into His arms in the toughest times.  

Still working on travel plans.  Our itinerary has been adjusted a few times.  Made plans yesterday to try and meet up with some friends we met at one of the RV parks out here who lives in the midwest.  They will be only about 1/2 hour from us so we are trying to connect for coffee on one of the days there.  My big brother text'd last night and asked if we wanted to attend a couple activities... and it sounds like fun.  I don't recall the name of it, but he said it was something like an October fest with pumpkin carving, etc.  He was going to try and get tickets so that we could attend with them.  I talked to hubby about it; he wasn't real enthused ... but said ok.  I don't want to spend vacation in front of the TV or just sitting around.  I want to make memories while there.  Granted, I will admit, I have been kept from doing a lot of things so this is also out of my comfort zone, but I am stepping out to do something.

A scripture comes to me this morning from the book of Isaiah -  53:5 to be exact.  I love The Passion Translation of it.  "It was because of our rebellious deeds that he was pierced and because of our sins that he was crushed.  He endured the punishment that made us completely whole, and in his wounding we found our healing."

I sit here and look at that verse, and I am grateful for all that it implies.  In Him, I can find my joy, my peace, my healing.  And you can too.  He did it all for me.... and for you.  Something to think about.

Blessings.

No comments: