Friday, January 11, 2019

First month - half over - already!

Is this a half full or half empty type of comment? The realization today that it is January 11th and come Tuesday we will nearly be at the 1/2 way mark for January - wow - it seems like it has gone by so fast - and I know it is only because I have been so busy. Funny, though, it isn't just me, one of my co-workers came by a bit ago and made the same comment! So what do you think?

New Years went well although not all showed up for the lunch - and that's ok. We had a good meal, then my daughter and I knitted for awhile before we went home. I think. I can't remember that far back - and yet, I'm sure that we knitted. We seem to do that a lot together anymore. I enjoy it. :)

It's 2:15 and yes, I'm at the office, and I need to be working on minutes, but I decided to take a few minutes break. I don't take a break often, and today I even skipped the lunch break so I guess by taking a few minutes to add to this is ok. I just happened to remember I hadn't written for awhile and my goal this year is try to do this at least every other week. I hope I remember! Maybe I should put that on my calendar!

Work has increased substantially. My one boss has ten-fold - seriously! - increased my work. I like being kept busy, so that's ok, but it has become overwhelming. I have so much to do that I'm taking my computer home this weekend and MAYBE will get on it Sunday and do a little work, just to sort things out that I need to do. I'd rather sit and knit, but that's the way it is.

Tomorrow the new Board that I am on is having a "dream day" - I'm not sure what all that involves - but I will be driving six of us to the meeting for the day. Got to get the car washed first thing in the morning and cleaned out - it's a mess! We were to take a spiritual gifts test prior to going and I completed mine this morning. My top three are not surprising. What is surprising is that they had shifted down to the middle a few years ago. But now, they are back at the top. And I like them being at the top. Of course this is a different test - and could probably get a little different result each time - but for this test, my top 3 are: (1) Faith (2) Intercession (3) Shepherd I have always had faith so am glad it has increased and jumped back on top again. I feel encouraged by what mine came out to be so I am anxious to see what we learn in our 'dream day' class tomorrow.

So stay tuned - I will have to share what I learn tomorrow!

Blessings!


No comments: