Sunday, July 1, 2018

We're on Mission!

We had an awesome service this morning. I feel this is one of the top sermons I've heard for awhile. Our pastor doesn't make you feel bored as a rule, anyway, but this one - wow. Three things - or was it four - that he touched on. But, just a bit of background....

Our church - rather 11 of the people including our pastor and his family, are leaving next weekend for Jamaica to do a VBS (vacation Bible school) there and to help some of the people there. It's been amazing preparing for it. Everyone has chipped in and bought supplies for them to take and serve the people there. I wish I could go. Maybe, someday. They were to have gone to St. Thomas, but something happened that they were unable to go there, so changed it to Jamaica.

Since we are coming off a week of prayer and fasting, Pastor Paul shared things about fasting. Some I hadn't really thought about - at least not for awhile. Then he went on in to his message.

For one thing, Fasting helps our Spiritual disciplines so the enemy can't tap us and we fall over. One of those Spiritual Disciplines is Forgiveness. He read through Colossians 3:12-21 and really went over 'Forgive as God forgave you'. I don't know who else that affects, but I know I have some unforgiveness I have found hard to let go of. Yeah, I'm being vulnerable here.

To be like Jesus Christ, inside and out, we have to know that we are chosen by God, and put on Compassion. We are to strengthen each other in Christ. When you don't feel like you are being the person you think you should be, Christ says you are, because I am. Wow. Powerful message there.

Gratitude changes attitude. Do everything with gratitude because it covers everything. Christ lives in us and through us and our gratitude in that alone, should live out in our lives.

Examination..... do I fail? Yes, I'm afraid I do. I do more whining and complaining - albeit internally most times - than not. Goal.... to live with gratitude in all things, to be like Jesus.

What's your goal?

Blessings!

No comments: