Wednesday, November 8, 2017

It's almost Thanksgiving....

It's hard to believe how fast this year has gone by - and yet, isn't that what we generally say every year? I finally told myself to get on smile.amazon.com the other evening and started looking for Christmas gifts. I'm at a loss again this year as to what to get everyone. In the past 5 months or so I have probably seen children/grandchildren maybe two-three times - except for those that go to the church, but even then, don't see often. Not seen enough to get an idea of what they like or want. Of course the children usually say don't worry about us. Which is exactly what I say.

All the grandchildren have quilts. All the children have quilts. That leaves that out at least this year - although one granddaughter said she would take another quilt because she gets so cold (just like me!!). Not sure that will happen this year, but at least I can put it down for another year.

We have a new great-granddaughter... I KNOW she doesn't need clothes... but bigger sizes may be what she will get. Toys? Maybe. We were thrilled when we were surprised with a visit the other night.

I'd love to start baking - but it is really too early to fill my freezer with baked stuff. I will probably start the first of December. And hopefully can get the grandchildren over to do some baking. I hope they enjoy it as much as I do. I also hope that the memories of all these years of baking with Grandma is something they will treasure and share with their children and grandchildren. Distance keeps some away, but I love it when the others comment they can't wait to come over and bake cookies and make Christmas mice. I just love being with the grandchildren.

First, though, we have Thanksgiving. Somehow, in the "what do I bring category", I held back commenting until all the others stated what they would bring. We'll be going to our youngest son's house. Why is it I always get to bring the turkey, dressing, and giblet gravy? But I don't mind. I need to start looking around for a big turkey and gather the stuff I'll need. I wonder if the other two will want dressing and gravy saved for them.....

Reckon I need to get to work.... thinking about turkey and dressing and giblet gravy makes me hungry!

Blessings!



No comments: