Wednesday, November 29, 2017

I did it again.........

I have ordered way too much 'stuff'! I go online at one store and go... 'oh, so and so will like that'.... and I order it. Then I go to another store and .... 'oh, so and so will like that'.... and order it.... and now, I have over-ordered and may need to send some things back. Well, I think I have anyway. I'll know more when I finish taking everything out of the boxes and lay out by person and see what is there.

The other day I wrapped all I had received and it was a lot. I've gotten several more packages and boxes in the past few days so I have all that wrapping yet to do. I'm afraid some will be disappointed, but I don't know what else to do. At least I do buy things with specific people in mind.... they just may not need or even may not want whatever I get them.

Some things I know... my daughter does not like long sleeve items or sweaters. Definitely not sweaters. On the other hand, when it is cool, I like sweaters! I've bought several Christmas themed sweaters this year and now I'm wondering if I should have. Just because I didn't have any Christmas sweaters didn't mean that no one else did...... or even that they would want. Oh well. I'll have to think on that one. My boys are even harder to buy for... neither will give me any ideas. Which means they may get things they don't want nor need, but hopefully, they will appreciate.

Some of the grandsons are harder to even buy for. I honestly don't know what to do for some of them. My son told me what his youngest had said he wanted... and Grandma got the M&Ms and something else that he said he wanted. If his parents get it for him too, he will just have to share.

I know I will do my usual baking of cranberry pumpkin nut bread for some and making salsa too. I wonder if they ever get tired of it all. Some ask for it, some don't usually mention it. I think I will just make up several pints and tell each group that 'if you want a jar, grab it. If you don't, no worries'. That's the weekend before fixings cause I want it to last awhile.

Hubby and I put our tree up last weekend. He grumbled the entire time, wanting to wait 'another day' but I insisted I wanted to get it up on Saturday. So he got even with me and didn't pull out all the boxes. Some things just aren't worth fighting over. He did help hang ornaments on the tree. I do have dreams of bigger and better Christmases.....

Work has been busy and I'm still learning new things. I am glad I have my job. I can't explain to anyone why... most would not understand. Besides the fact it does pay the bills. And lets me shop.

I need to figure out when to have the grandchildren over - it's going to be a busy month!

Blessings!

No comments: