Saturday, September 23, 2017

Nothing Intended....

I'm tired. I mean I'm really tired. I had my first week at work and it wasn't so much stressful, as it was overwhelming at times. Working with one boss is fine - I know her and I know how she does things and we work very well together. Which is why she wanted me to come work with her again. But I now have a second boss (who volunteered my time to a 'third boss' I was just meeting last Friday) who is in the middle of a big bid process and I have daily (it seems) intense meetings that I need to get set up with all kinds of different people - and although these meetings have priority, I don't know the other people to determine if their meetings are just as important. This will go on until about March. I hope I survive that long!

Looking back over the past week - Monday I didn't get much done because the first thing I'm supposed to do is get into the HR site and complete some tasks - ie benefits, w4, etc. Tuesday was much more busy - still trying to figure out things and still not able to access HR and getting more and more information emailed to me by coworkers and I don't have a clue what they are talking about.... I came home asking myself "What in the world were you thinking?!" Wednesday I was beginning to feel like I was getting a grasp on things, Thursday about the same - and Friday I was in a meeting most of the day. Oh - I called HR on Wednesday to tell them I still couldn't get in the system to access my records - only to find out I had not been activated yet (oh, no one told us you were here) - and it would be two more days before I could get into my benefits. Friday I tried at work and yes, I could access my benefits, but didn't have time to look at them - plus I had 23 sessions in the learning center I needed to review, take tests for, and complete. Oh - and my boss emailed HR on Friday to tell them she couldn't find my timecard to approve. Their response - oh we didn't know she had started.

So I brought my work computer home with the intent of getting online to complete these tests. Only to find I can't get online. I'm not sure how to do it. Something about mobile pass and codes and I have no clue. I know it's just me - and the fact that I am computer illiterate. I tried to download citrix on my home computer because I did print out those instructions - but what it tells me to download - isn't there. I give up for today. I just can't deal with it now. I'll try again tomorrow afternoon and see what I can do.

Which is why I am typing this - I have my home computer up - decided to at least get one thing done. Maybe I'll try to clear up some emails. I need to make a folder for several items I forwarded to my email from the other office - I lost a lot of things because I had to relive the girl at the front desk because at noon on a Friday afternoon she decided she needed to go to the Urgent Care about her ankle which she had hit against something 3 days earlier and it was very painful. Yeah, it irritated me because I had to sit at the front desk - and everyone kept stopping by to talk on their way out - which normally would be ok - but my computer was scheduled to be shut off and then I could not forward any other folders to my home email. So I lost a lot of things I really wanted to keep. Oh well. It's done. I was to get my last check yesterday - it finally arrived today - a live check. Hubby hurried to the bank today to get it in.

We are already having a bake sale next week - it was to be last week but the boss forgot to put a notice out to ask for bakers. So - of course now she has put me in charge of it... so we are doing it next week. I baked some cranberry pumpkin nut bread this afternoon because I can put it in the freezer then take out on Wednesday to take in on Thursday. I am now working an hour later than usual so don't get home until about 5:30PM or so. I have a feeling I will be putting in long days from now on. But I'm exempt so I don't have to punch a timecard - otherwise I would have a mess trying to keep it at 8 hours.

I guess I've rambled on enough for today. Hubby is watching Notre Dame football. 6PM. I suppose I need to round up something for dinner.... have a good evening..

Blessings!

No comments: