Monday, September 11, 2017

4 days and counting....

I think I really am starting to count the days. Friday. 4 more days. No extra time off. Monday I start at my new job on Monday. I'm excited, and yet....

The past two weeks have been crazy, trying to get things completed and passed on here, working electronically on things I need to complete for the new company, and just living life. This past weekend I did absolutely nothing. I finished up a Christmas gift on Friday night - and Saturday and Sunday we were glued to the TV basically, watching Hurricane Irma go down (or up) the coast of Florida and praying for friends and family members that lived there. Other than church, we did nothing.

In fact, at church, we had a vote. We are selling the property to another church in the city. They are more than fair with what they offered for it. They are bending over backwards to help our church find another location and to let us take anything we want from the church/buildings. It affects us, and yet, it doesn't affect us. From November to March we are only there maybe one Sunday a month. Not sure what we will do once the church moves. We've lost the 'heart' for the church..... it used to be "home" for us, but for the past several years, it has not been that at all. I've tried to teach and the lead pastor won't let me. I can only do what he will allow. Micro-manage stuff. And we lost two wonderful pastors - and well, I won't go there. It has ripped the church apart, for sure. I don't feel I can trust either of the pastors left. If you can't trust your pastor....can't believe what he says....

Today at work has been busy - and hard. This morning we had what is called a "patriot's breakfast" to honor and remember the 9-11-01 attack on the World Trade Center. Lots of good food from Chompies. But then this afternoon.... about an hour ago..... 5 of the 7 employees in this one department got laid off. I'm sure they got severance checks - but that's not the point. None had expected it. One is out on bereavement and was told to call in for this mandatory meeting. Seriously? Another just came back from bereavement. Another had to leave for an emergency family situation and had to call in. It hurts for these people were / are my friends. I feel so sad for them.

Last week my current boss told me that they probably would NOT replace me. The person I had recommended has been told to come over here only a couple days a week from the other building "if she wanted to" - other than that, she can stay where she is. I was told by my current boss that she wants to convert my position in to a data analyst position. Which could mean they would have transferred me to another area, given me a severance check and let me go, or.... I don't know. Today I am really glad I'm already making plans to leave. I still haven't been able to get a relationship with the new boss and she has been here four months now. And other people have seen it too. Many people close to me have told me I need to go for they can see I'm not happy. I have enough to do - but none of it relates to my new boss. She makes 99% of her own meetings and they are Skype meetings - which means she doesn't have to see people - she stays in her office with the door shut.

I feel sad for my friends who were let go today. They were all good people and hard workers. It just doesn't make sense to me.

I miss my 'family'.... my children are feuding and not talking to each other.... and half the time they don't even talk to me. Everyone is busy with their own lives and families, and I understand that. I need to plan some family meals and start inviting them over so that we can catch up. I miss them.

On another note, my friend from over 40 years ago and I finally connected - and talked over 3 hours - imagine that! She remembered more than I did! Sad part is that her 3 girls don't talk to her because she moved from Indiana to Arizona. Like that is a reason. They are mad at her about it - and it's been 7 years. One would think that would be long enough. If my children did that to me - I would just die. I think we are going to bring our spouses and meet up this weekend. The spouses had not met yet so this should be interesting. Both of us have "new" spouses. I think they have been married over 25 years - us 35 this year.

It's nearly time to go home so I'm going to shut up. May have to start getting on my computer at home so that I can start writing again. Therapy sometimes. My old computer won't come up now - and the new one is acting up - I'm so fed up with both I'd like to throw them away. But I need something.... pray for me.... I'm not doing real well right now....

Blessings!

2 comments:

Ralphd00d said...

In regards to my status of the your "children"... I am not feuding. I am not fighting. I am not arguing. I just don't need the extra drama, stress and put-downs, that my siblings seem to constantly have on the tip of their tongues. Not saying I am perfect, but still. Bottom line, is I don't need the drama that they cause/want.

That being said, the last few weeks have been nice on the stress in my life, because I have no worry of the contact.

I admit, I have not contacted you, or PT, just because I have life going on, too. We did see you at Doodad's baptism (amazing lightning didn't strike me down) and that was nice. But between you and I, Mom, getting time together, without others taking slight, or having to bring the whole clan, which can be bothersome at times.... sigh....

I know I can dial anytime.... but so can you.

Rev Mom said...

Oh I know about the drama..... and that's all I'm going to say. I know you have life going on too.... and I was glad to see you at the church for your 'Doodad's' baptism. It was good to see you. I don't call anyone because I decided years ago I was not going to meddle in your lives. I occasionally call the daughter, but you boys are different. I'm so tired of others acting 'slighted'... so very tired.... Yes, I know that I can call you as well - and now that I've been told that I can.... you know what I mean.... I just might. You are my son and I wish we did get together more. We don't have to include any of the others. I'm done with that. Completely done.