Yeah, it is something I do once in awhile. I usually enjoy daydreaming, and on my way to work, for some reason, I was thinking of this one scene in the movie "Shall We Dance" starring Richard Gere, Jennifer Lopez, and Susan Sarandon. In this one specific scene, Richard Gere is coming up the escalator, dressed in a black tux, carrying a single red rose. (Ok, I'm hopelessly romantic at times) Susan Sarandon turns, sees him, and is puzzled why he is there. And the reason? He came to dance with her. While she is working late. Her two co-workers were in near-tears over the scene (as I was). They danced, and then went to a party. Not going to tell you all about it.
I was thinking of that scene as I drove in to work yesterday, and a small car pulled in front of me with words written on it's back window. Well, not written, but professionally printed. It must be a business, I'm assuming. It got off the Interstate before I could read what it was about. Oh - what did it say? "Pure Romance".
Did that not fit in with what I was thinking? Pure Romance. Something most women, and occasionally a few men, think of.
I went further in my thinking after that, and began to think of how God loves to romance us. If one is sensitive to it, they will recognize the coolness of the morning created just for them. Or if they would just pause and glance about, they may find a rose or a daisy or a flowering weed, for that matter, created to bring joy for that moment.
God loves us so much, He goes out of His way to show us His love. He does so many little things - and we miss them, because we are distracted, or angry, or indifferent. But they are there.
As I pull out of my driveway most mornings I will pause to look at my roses and admire their beauty. I admire how our yard always looks so nice (thank you Mr. Landscaper!!). I admire the paint job completed on our house that has brightened it up.
It's all about romance. What have you done lately to bring about romance in your life? Was it an unexpected note? A neatly timed, yet unexpected, call? Was it bringing a rose to the one you love, just to say "I care about you.".
Maybe it is even cleaning up the house without whining. Keeping the bathrooms clean. Doing the laundry one week so your spouse doesn't have to. Or just taking time to sit together and just talk. Go for a cup of coffee or tea. Ice cream is even better.
And it isn't just your spouse or significant other. What about your children? Of course it isn't ROMANCE - but showing them that you care in different ways.
What is your idea of pure romance?
No comments:
Post a Comment