Monday seems to roll around quite quickly anymore. The weekend barely gets here and poof! The weekend is gone and Monday is here. But this was a good past weekend. I had lunch with my oldest son on Saturday and it was a very nice time. The time flew by and before we knew it, 2 1/2 hours had flown by. I treasure those moments when I have him to myself.
And then, I got to pick up a grandson for a few hours. I had not gotten his $ to him for his birthday so asked if he wanted to go for 'cold stone' and shopping - or 'cold stone' and get his $. He opted out for 'cold stone' and shopping. It WAS to his benefit! I enjoyed having the grandson with me and he helped remind me I needed to stop at the drug store as well. He makes me laugh. It was a very good day.
Sunday it was a service at one of the RV parks we speak at. Pressure is on. I speak there on Easter Sunday and the person who schedules us told me yesterday that she wanted a 'dynamic' message on Easter Sunday. Seriously? Pressure! I speak next week at Pioneer Village and then am done there until November. Easter will be our last scheduled service this season at Desert Shadows. After the service yesterday we both were totally lazy. I finished reading a book I had a few chapters left in. We took a nap. It was a very, very lazy day.
Then this morning I get up for work - and beat myself up for not doing anything over the weekend. That's the way it usually is though. I need to apply myself to the things I want done during the week - which I don't do much of either. Tonight we are having dinner with a former co-worker and her husband. She and I try to have lunch, but with my office moving about 3 miles further away, it makes it a bit more difficult to meet, talk, and eat within an hour's time, so we opt for dinner with the spouses. We just can't talk like we normally would.
And now it's time to get busy here at work. I have a new form to create, minutes to type, and other things to get completed. My boss is out of town Wednesday - Friday this week so I won't be near as busy as I am when she is here - but I still always have work to do. But I really need to get a lot done as I am taking next Monday and Tuesday off work - and then we are off Good Friday! It will be so nice to have time off. If I didn't have a meeting on Thursday next week, I might have taken the entire week off. Oh well. Save my days off for another day.
The message yesterday at "church" was standing on the promises of God. And I do. Psalm 91:4 "He will cover you with his feathers, he will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection." And they are. There are many times I ask God to cover and shelter not only us, but also our children and grandchildren. When I put them under His protection, under His wings, nothing will happen to them that has not first been filtered through His wings. Stand firm on His promises - they will get you through each day.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment