Monday, May 11, 2015

And she was a beautiful bride...

Saturday was an good day. I did a few 'pick up stuff' for a baby shower here at work, did some walking around. By mid-afternoon was getting ready for my first-born granddaughter's wedding. We got there about 45 minutes early, I think. Then I found that although the invitations stated 5PM, it wasn't to actually start until 5:30PM. I think most arrived at 5PM and then had to wait while things were finishing up for the wedding. There were several last minute things going on. I felt useless, for I hadn't been asked to help. So I walked around and checked things out, got to visit with some people.

The wedding was simple and beautiful. I am guessing it was exactly what my granddaughter wanted - and she made a very beautiful bride. I'm surprised I didn't choke up and cry. It was nice we got to sit on the front row so that we could see everything, but there was also a disadvantage - I couldn't see the bride's face! I did, however, see the groom's face as she walked down the aisle and was able to get a couple photos of him tearing up. My son looked very handsome in his new suit.

Pictures took quite a while, and of those I've seen, they are very good. I was able to take a few photos as well, and I 'saved' that which the photographer posted on facebook. Our granddaughter definitely looked radiant and glowed throughout the evening. I wish I had gotten a couple photos of she and I.....you know, the grandma/granddaughter special photo..... I suppose I could have asked for one.... but I didn't. So I will own that one.

Memories of years past and memories of Saturday will always be with me. Special times, special moments. I was even able to read a toast to her that another grandmother had read to her granddaughter when she wed. It was a beautiful wedding, and she was a beautiful bride.

And today, everyone I assume,including me, are back at work. It will be a very l-o-n-g day for me.... although I can leave early. My boss is in St. Louis, our medical director is on vacation in New York, one of the directors I am close to is working from home today. It is going to be very quiet, for sure. But I have some things to do so will be able to work on those. Need to decorate one of the conference rooms this afternoon for a combination baby shower/graduation from college with Nurse Practitioner license for two of our nurses. It's funny how we are getting them here from Prescott - one we told it is a surprise baby shower; the other we told it was a graduation party for the other. Neither have a clue. I've ordered a hot breakfast for tomorrow and I bought two gourmet cupcakes since we will have so much food.

And I suppose I need to get busy - have things to do and people to see. Was off on Friday in case I was asked to help with the wedding - so now it's back to work.

Hope you have a good week. I'm feeling mellow this morning and need to shake it off.

Blessings!

No comments: