Saturday, November 16, 2013

Day 16 of Thankfulness.....

And I have to once again just be thankful for LIFE. I woke up this morning. I took a deep breath. I felt the goodness and faithfulness of God. And I'm thankful to be alive.

It has been a crazy week - work and otherwise. I wasn't home much in the evenings this week. Monday I got to spend an evening with my beautiful Princess who was up from Tucson. Just dinner and a movie, but it was such a blessing for me. Precious memories. Tuesday night we had dinner with friends. Wednesday evening had class at church. Thursday evening another class at our group leader's house. Last night had a leadership connection meeting at church. I THINK we are home tonight. I've already gotten a few things done this morning, and am having lunch with one of the boys - actually I was just invited today to join... hubby had already set it up. He doesn't really want me to go.... but, is allowing it. :-D

I moved my tea party originally scheduled for today to November 30th as so many people had to cancel out for today. I'm grateful, for that gives me two weeks to plan it better. If it had been today, I would have been a mess for it does take a lot of preparation just for my part of it. I do enjoy doing it and it is such fun, especially when my daughter, daughter-in-law and my two princesses are able to attend as well as several women from church. I haven't been to one of the monthly tea parties for several months just due to work and other busyness. Hopefully I can jump back into it now.

My interview Friday went very well, I think. I have not been told I didn't make it, nor have I received the official offer. I'm just trusting that if this is the position that I am to move in to, God will provide all that I need and I just need to wait on Him. I don't mind what I am doing currently, but I have been trained to do what I have applied for. In fact, I can see God's hand in all of this. Years ago when I was asked to become an Admin, I never thought that I could do it. But I took the job, and eventually, as many of you know from reading my posts, I was moved into an Executive Assistant position for two years. In that position I had to arrange meetings, send invites, create binders, agendas, get information together,take minutes, send the minutes out to attendees, in fact, learn a lot of things I didn't know how to do. This new position, if I get it, will be taking all that training and allow me to use it on a daily basis, versus sitting at my desk all day answering the phone and inputting the information, which I am fine with doing. I believe that God took me out of my comfort zone many years ago to teach me these things, because He saw down the road that I would need this experience. If I don't get the new position, I still have a job, and I don't mind doing it. If I get it, then I am doubly blessed by God who loves me so much.

Yesterday was a sad day. Had to say 'so long' to two of my coworkers and friends whose positions were deleted. Really kind of sad, for even though we kind of expected something to happen, it happened to them. I am not one who does the initial 'keep in touch' thing even though emails and phone numbers are supplied. Sometimes that is just as a courtesy. I allow them to gather their emotions and thoughts together and make the first move. Not that we weren't friends, or that we still aren't friends, I would rather hear the good things going on in their lives versus being sad because they haven't found anything yet. I guess you could call that 'licking their wounds' for awhile? I don't know. I know that when I left my last job - and I was willing to do that - although I kept in touch with some - and many I exchanged telephone numbers and emails with - I haven't made a big effort to keep in touch. Not because I can't - I just haven't. In fact, I can only think of a few people I have kept in touch with since leaving.

Hubby has had a bad cold all week but is doing better today, I think. I've been taking my Olive Leaf Extract and my Black Elderberry Syrup and other vitamins to keep my body healthy and strong and my immune system up to fight off the germs. The last two nights I have slept in the back bedroom. It's hard to sleep on a different mattress after sleeping on one for so long. Probably need to get that mattress changed out. Some time. Some day.

The younger son and his fiancee did an item on her bucket list today and did the hot air balloon ride breakfast early this morning. No thank you. I am such a wimp and I laugh that even my son was afraid. At least he said he was. That might have been for his fiancee's sake. LOL Judging from the posted photos on facebook, it looks like they had a wonderful time. Maybe someday.... NOT. I'm glad they had a good time though.

I can remember my daughter and her husband - or was it just her - that did a bungie jump somewhere. In fact, I remember watching her video of it and hearing her scream "Oh SH--!!!" Memories of fun stuff. When I did fun stuff (I'm sure I did sometime, just don't have videos and photos of it) it wasn't quite so dramatic. I guess I am more reserved. Or at least I have become more reserve over the years. Surely it isn't because I am getting older.

I'm still YOUNG and I still want to have FUN and do FUN THINGS!! And that has to do with living LIFE. I don't want to grow old sitting in my chair watching television until I die. Financially it is tough, as I am sure it is with you, to do very many things, but some things just need to be done.

I remember us doing a breakfast horseback ride years ago. Oh My Goodness! That WAS a long time ago! I was terrified because I am a bit afraid of horses (due to falling off a mule when a child) and it was a very long ride to me. But I remember getting to the campfire and we had a nice breakfast. That was a fun memory. I wonder if they do those anymore. It was here in Phoenix somewhere. I'll have to think on it.

I am sure there are many things I could put on a bucket list to do. Things that are not expensive and are just fun to do. I need to google some things and come up with them. Right now my favorite things are just being with the grandchildren and baking cookies - which we will be doing in the month of December. So looking forward to spending time with each group of grandchildren. Wish I could afford for all of us to do crafts like when most were younger. Some of the very young ones have never had that experience. Of course we also do not put up a 'grandchildren's tree' like we did before. Yeah, we used to have two or more trees up during the Christmas holiday.

Will have to dig up old memories another time as I need to jump off here and get cleaned up. It's cool enough I just may wear a sweatshirt today! Isn't 70+ degrees cold? LOL It is to me!

Hope you are still continuing to remember things you are thankful for. Being thankful for life is always a good place to start. Thank God that He has allowed you to still breathe. That you are able to be with those you love. That you are (hopefully) healthy and able to do things. Spend time with those you love today. Make today count.

Blessings!

4 comments:

Ralphd00d said...

Just remember, Uncle Ralph loves cookies (as you bake them with all the grandkids).

...and othr goodies, too.

Rev Mom said...

just baked a batch of the oatmeal raisin cookies I had bought from your oldest son last year. I've bagged them up - they may go in the freezer - just to keep me from eating them. IF you should stop by... mention it... and if they are still there.....

Unknown said...

Hey...Stevie is selling the boxed cookie again for Wrestling! Hint Hint.

Rev Mom said...

well then of course I have to buy from him as well! LOL Give me a call and let me know what he has and how much. What are grandmas for? LOL