Friday, November 1, 2013

Day after Halloween...... November 1st

and what am I going to do with this candy?!! I know, I have no worries about that! I only saw three of the grandchildren last night so have bags to pass out yet. Plus the adults haven't taken the chocolate away from me yet. I did have my beautiful daughter-in-law take some and fixed a small bag for my middle child. The youngest has drill this weekend, and although he took his children to some trunk or treat locations, he didn't bring them by for grandma and grandpa to see. I know he took photos and will be sharing them with us sometime. Another grandson sent me photos of himself with blood all over. I told him he had best be in costume! What a joy the grandchildren are in their costumes, what fun!

I didn't realize how handsome the oldest grandson is who came to see us last night. He had dressed to look like someone - I forget whom - some guy who wears a trench coat, a dress shirt/pants and suspenders. But wow - he was handsome! The middle brother was adorable in his trenchcoat, dress shirt/pants as well. And the little one, he was a ninja, I believe. I took lots of photos - as usual. Even my daughter-in-law dressed up as in the 50's with the scarves around the neck and hair. She looked beautiful. As usual.

We don't 'celebrate' halloween anymore. We've seen busses drop off teenagers in our neighborhood and just kind of stepped back from passing out the candy. For a street that has perhaps a dozen children on it, when I came home - in all seriousness - there were at least 40 kids I passed within a block area. 90 percent teenagers. We don't have teenagers within a block radius of our house. Maybe I should say, we have never seen teenagers within a block radius of our house. And we have lived there about 18 years and know some of our neighbors.

And today is November 1 and our thoughts are already turning to Thanksgiving. And Christmas. I've no clue how this is going to work out this year - either holiday - but it will be with it will be. I've ordered our turkey from our granddaughter who is selling them for choir. I have a ham in the freezer if we need it. Looking forward to Thanksgiving and just being with family and enjoying the day. Although we have the "day off" - I am sure I will have to work due to timeframes on work. But that's ok. I don't go out shopping on Black Friday anyway.

A whole new month. I wonder how this one will end up. I think I will start the month with being thankful. I may not put it on this blog, but my plan is to state one thing I am thankful for every day through the end of the year. And maybe, just maybe, I'll continue it out through next year. I wonder if I can remember that far. Come on, laugh!!

Thankfulness. I'm thankful that I have a husband who loves me through thick and thin. He watches over me (yes, sometimes tooooo closely) and takes care of me. Yes, we have our disagreements, but we always make up. He brings me coffee every morning (VERY important) and some days even cooks me breakfast (like yesterday and today) before I leave for work. He tries to meet my every need and always compliments me and tells me he loves me. He defends me, protects me, loves me.

What are you thankful for? Give it some thought. I challenge you to find one thing, one person, you are thankful for every day this month. Praise God for them.

Blessings!

2 comments:

Ralphd00d said...

Still don't know what our family plans are for Turkey Day.

If you have any extra candy, send it my way!

Rev Mom said...

I did send somehome with del for you.... still have some if you want more.