Well, as I mentioned yesterday, I created a dessert and brought to work. I didn't make it to first place. I didn't come in second. HOWEVER, I did win third place.
Does it matter that there were only three desserts in the contest?
Oh well, it was all in fun and I would do it again. I just didn't get creative as the others did. First place was a dessert similar to mine, however, she made hers sugar free, fat free (yech) and made blueberries and strawberries as a flag across the top of the dish. Mine was fully loaded with strawberries and blueberries throughout the entire dish. I still think mine was the best. :-)
I was in a creative mood last night - made salsa and made banana pudding. I had pudding left over from the contest so finished it up last night in banana pudding to bring to work. I made a double batch of salsa - and notified my boys that there is salsa at the house for them if they want it. It is HOT this time. I probably overdid it. I kept putting jalapenos in it and and couldn't understand why it wasn't getting hot. After putting near a full jar of sliced peppers in the sauce, I discovered why. These are "tamed" jalapenos. How do you "tame" jalapenos? Never heard of them - don't want to! Why eat them if you aren't wanting the heat? Anyway - switched to the hot chili peppers I have and it immediately heated up. Almost too much I'm afraid. But, if you can taste the flavor, it should be good. Nevertheless, it's salsa.
Today will be a busy day at work - we are on 'holiday' tomorrow (July 4th, for those of you who can't figure it out) and most are even off on Friday. Technically we all are, but I have volunteered to work for if I don't, we will miss deadlines and it is crucial for our medicare contract we don't miss deadlines. I don't have to work all day, though. I spoke to my director yesterday and she suggested coming in at noon. The nurse who is working said she would be working all day. I'm going to try to talk her into stopping around 3PM. I figure 10-2PM might be good - but when she said noon, I thought that sounded even better. I don't care if I stay until 5, but not necessarily until 6-7 like usual. Afterall, it IS a holiday weekend. Although we have nothing planned.
I'm looking forward to waking up on my own tomorrow. I'm looking forward to enjoying a good cup of coffee and having the time to do it. It's too hot to go walking outside, but hopefully can get some exercise. Probably not though.
Exercise. I have fallen off the wagon since our challenge is over. Got to get refocused and this weekend is a good time to do it. Maybe. Will see. After I get through the ice cream in the freezer maybe. Or after I do a mass cooking and getting it out of my system. Maybe. Oh well. I just need to get on it.
And right now I just need to get on it and get to work. It's that time again. And that's ok. It pays the bills.
Hope that you have a fantastic July 4th weekend and enjoy being with family.
Blessings!!
No comments:
Post a Comment