My hubby and I decided to go to Old Country Buffet for a quick bite to eat tonight (after all, I had coupons!). On the way, knowing it was one of our middle child's favorite places to go to, I text'd Ralph to let him know where we were going. He tells me they were already at Sizzler. :-( Well, Tom and I walk in to Old Country Buffet to discover the line all the way to the door. We looked at each other and said 'nope, am not waiting' - and decided to join Ralph and his family at Sizzler.
I text'd Ralph on the way that we would be there too. The order line was short so we quickly got through it and found the family had already sat at a large table so that we could join them. We had a great meal and great company, catching up on what the grandsons were doing as well as our son and daughter-in-law. It was good to spend time with them and share a meal, even though it had not been planned. It was an unexpected opportunity to just enjoy being with family. And I love it.
I love being with family, and I love being with friends. It brings me joy to bring them into my life, and to hear what is going on in theirs. Sometimes I actually PLAN to meet with family, or with friends, just to spend time with them. I hope they enjoy my company as much as I do theirs. These are times of special memories for me, times I hide in my heart.
I called a dear friend today to ask for advice. It was such fun to talk with her, to just spend time sharing with her what was going on in my life. Yeah, I let her talk a little bit too. :-) And that is what friends do. I value her opinion and appreciate her input into my life.
What have you done lately to bring someone into your life? Plan an activity or meal or just meet for a coke to hear what is going on in a family member's life. Get 1:1 with them. Who have you shared a part of your day with? Pick up the phone and call someone you haven't talked with lately - and share with them what happened in your life and hear what is going on in theirs. Do you have someone you can share with? If you feel you don't, please know you can always email or call me. I will listen. You will always have a friend.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. Live life to the fullest - make every moment count!
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment