Wednesday, March 11, 2026

One down, one to go

 With both bosses gone yesterday, I actually got one set of minutes completed - amongst the other tasks that I had to do.  I have one more I plan to complete this morning, and then I will work on getting the board decks put together and in the right folders.  There are three of those.  It's not that they are so hard, but I do have to be so careful to keep them in order and have everything ready for the prep meetings - which I have two before the end of April with one board meeting April 30 and the other May 7 before yet another shortly after that.  I know, I have time, and being a procrastinator is what keeps me in feeling behind all the time.  I'm trying to change that somewhat and just get it done.  While the bosses are away, I cannot 'play' - but need to catch up on all that I have procrastinated on.

Hubby had one of his bible studies last night and I had an evening alone.  I debated on working on our taxes. We were supposed to go yesterday - but because I didn't get everything done on Sunday, hubby called and moved it out to the 18th.  And I haven't touched anything sense.  So - I told him tonight I would work on it and hopefully get it done.  I don't have that much more to do, but I do need to get it done.  Then he will take my totals and add to his so that we can have it all together to get the taxes done.  Every year I think I will get ahead of myself and every year I procrastinate and don't get it done until the last minute. Dare I even try to say I will be organized for next year?  It's only mid-March - surely I can get what these two months have put together and then each month catch up - right?  sigh.

So instead of doing taxes last night while hubby was gone, I took a hot shower (which felt so good!), dressed in my jammies, watched a movie, crochet'd, and was reading when hubby came back home.  A nice quiet evening for 'me'. And I enjoyed myself.  Don't get to do it often, so when I can take advantage of it, I will.   And you should do - it refreshes you.

I've already started getting Christmas gifts for this year!  I was on Macy's the other day and saw (I can put it here cause they don't read this) a navy blue zipper sweater that my grandson-in-law loves (and I gave him one the other year) and it was on clearance for less than 1/2 price.  I love sales like that.  Still, it is the cost of a regular gift - it's Macy's, remember?  Overpriced in the beginning, but when it goes on sale, can be affordable for us 'other folks'.  So I ordered it - and got it yesterday, along with a flannel shirt for one of the grandsons (which was 1/4 of it's usual price).  Yes, Macy's has quality products, but when they are original prices, I run away from them.  Too much for me!  So anyway, I'm done shopping for one person, and have several more to do, but with watching sales and (trying) to keep a list of what I've already purchased, I may get my shopping done early this year.  At sale prices!  Watch those clearances; sometimes you can find the perfect gift there!

I woke up after 5AM this morning and I've had to skip some of my reading and journaling so that I can write in here. Yes, I could do it on my work computer, which I have done a few times, but I like being able to get it done while I'm sitting here in my chair.  Don't really have much to share today.

Good things to possibly share.... grandson getting custody of his son permanently today, son possibly getting his granddaughter soon, daughter was able to get in to the cardiologist this morning.  Still has swollen feet and ankles - pain shooting up a leg.  Sure hope they can figure that out.  Praying for miracles in all circumstances, for sure.  Today my son goes for his paracentesis and my heart goes out to him along with abundance of prayers.  Hopefully when we get past March, we will have more answers. And at times a mother has to stay in constant prayer, if you know what I mean.

Tree-trimmers came by this week and trimmed the trees in front - and I mean REALLY trimmed!  All the leaves/branches are cut off and they are bare trees now standing along the row in our street.  Well, our side is done, they plan to do the other side yet.  It's confusing - our yard is just dirt and they say that it won't do any good to plant seed as when it rains ir gets watered, it runs on the sidewalk.  Does not. I don't know where they got that idea!  We had grass when we moved in 5 years ago, I think it was, and it was died out since then and the landscapers don't do squat.  I really wish they would like us take care of our own yards - or put rocks down so at least we are not looking at dirt all the time. 

Deuteronomy 7:9 (ESV)  Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations.

A thousand generations.  And I like to think that we all are in that thousand generations.  Think about it - our great, great, great, great grandparents, and even further back than that! - those who loved God and served Him, God made a covenant with them with His steadfast love is still with us.  Go to Deuteronomy 7:9 and read the entire chapter - it talks about how much God loves you, loves us, and how He considers us, His people, holy and very much loved.   

No greater love is there, that the love of God, or the love of a friend who lays down his life for you.  Think of Jesus - our bestest Friend, who laid his life down for us.  Could we lay down our life for our family, our friends?  I want to think we all would say 'yes' to that - but when it comes down to it - could we?  If, like Rachel, who when asked "Are you a Christian?", knowing her life was at stake, answered 'YES" and was immediately shot to death (Colorado school shooting years ago) - could we answer 'YES" as willingly?  

Maybe we need to pause and think about it.  We immediately think we could easily give up our lives for our spouses, our children, our family.... but what about our neighbors?  It does give us pause nowadays, doesn't it, for many of us don't even know our neighbors - and some we do know and don't care for!  So then what?  Did it matter to Jesus?  Nope.  He gave His life to us while we were yet sinners, that we would know His love for us.

Nothing is better than that.  He loves us so much that He gave His life for us; for me.  That thought overwhelms me for I know that I fail Him many times over.  But I run back to Him for I know I don't have a life without Him.  And neither do you.  Run to Him. Confess to Him. Love Him. Worship Him. He is truly all you need.

Blessings!

No comments: