Monday, March 16, 2020

Sent home to work

Yep - that is what has happened to me. Luckily I can as I have a laptop and monitors at home from the office. So what happened? With all the COVID 19 issues/fears - last Thursday I was called into my boss's office (with both of them there!) and told that I was "high risk" and effective that day I was to work from home until further notice. I didn't really take it very well, and tried to bargain with them i.e., how about if I work in the office Monday and Tuesdays and work from home Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. NO. Full time. At home. Until further notice. Minimal two weeks - could be eight weeks. UGH!

What's my problem? I don't enjoy working from home all the time. On occasion, yes, when I can focus on a specific project (and I do have a few of those I can work on), but to be TOLD I have to work from home indefinitely, I don't want to. Besides, I don't have as much freedom here at home as I do at work. At work I'm always up and busy donig something - someone interrupts and needs something. I need to do this, or that, or just go chat with my boss.

Here at home I have Sheeba. And hubby. sigh. Hubby stays pretty much in his room on his computer unless he is out here watching TV. He hates it more than I do cause I see what I know he doesn't do.... another oomment for another day. Don't get me started. BTW - finally have Sheeba scheduled for REAL trainign lessons starting in April - costing a lot more than I would ever want to pay - but I'm ready to give her away at this point. Yesterday she ripped open the cushion on the lawn chair in the back yard. I blame hubby - he throws her outside so he doesn't have to deal with her... and she gets bored. If these lessons don't do it - she WILL be finding another home - in spite of how much I love her. I can't deal with the destruction.

Our neighbor put up awnings for his cars on both sides of his house. I came home last week to find the pole bases in place. We couldn't park both of our cars in the driveway as usual. Now our neighbor has 7 feet of the driveway - we have 5 feet of the driveway. It didn't look right to me - and just told hubby it was time for us to move - and he agreed. So I contacted my daughter to start looking for another place for us. I'm just tired of hubby and the neighbor fighting all the time. Our neighbor thinks he knows it all - and he does know a lot (a lot more than us!) about how to keep the yard, etc. Hubby doesn't know these things adn resents being told by the neighbor - so hubby is rude and hateful. Spiteful at times, too. I'm just tired of it. The neighbor likes me and is kind and helpful.

Friday, since I was working from home - and in this case a good thing - I heard a noise in the driveway so went out. They were putting the poles up for the awning. I asked them to stop until I could talk with the neighbor - who came out of his house. I just asked him where his property line was - and the workers measured the 7 feet and found they were setting the poles up two feet on our property! Our neighbor immediately told them to move them to his 7 feet and no further. I mentioend that we were going to move. He said we were good neighbors and he didn't want us to move.

Saturday I was in a cooking mood and made some soup - and took over to our neighbor, for which he was grateful. Since the woman he had cared for has died, he inherited the house and has been fixing it up on the inside. I didn't go in, but he came out to get the soup and we talked. He offered to let me use his awning on our side (he even offered to do the entire back at his expense, but I said no)for my new car - but not hubbys. LOL go figure. I won't.

Today I'm at work - at home. Part of it is ok, cause I don't have a 1.5 hour or 2 hour drive home. Or have to leave the house early in the morning. I just feel tied to my "desk" here at home in case someone needs me. At work they know I'm there so eventually find me.

Oh well. I need to get busy - still have work to do. Maybe I can clean up this area while I'm at it. We need to start going through things if we are really going to mvoe. Part of me says yes - but the packrat in me says no way! I like the house, but I can't retire as long as we have it. I'm 70 years old, I would like to retire at some point.

Blessings!x

No comments: