Thursday, August 16, 2018

It's been relaxing, thus far....

I have taken a week's vacation this week. Yes, an entire 5 days of non-work in between two weekends. It has been relaxing, and I have enjoyed the extra couple hours of sleep (arise 6AM versus 4AM) each day. That has probably helped immensely.

I had a birthday just prior to us taking the time off. In fact, last week was extremely busy... did I write about it?.... I don't remember. If not, then it will do for another post. My birthday was nice. Got a few giftcards for Amazon (and I just can't make a decision on what to buy - but I will!) and one for Crackerbarrel. I refused to use it for our lunch or dinner we ate there - so look through the gift shop - but just haven't made that decision yet on what I want to get so still have the gift card. :-) I also received a Pioneer Woman cookbook from a coworker that I am dearly loving! In fact, today I made a bean soup in the crockpot and is it ever good! Very yummy. Not everyone would enjoy it, but I sure do! Very simply made and in the crockpot on high for 5 hours - and it is so very good. And pinto beans are good for you!

Had a wonderful, relaxing time up in Prescott the past few days. We came back home yesterday. I took my van to get the air checked in the tires this morning, brought the driver's window down to chat with them... and it wouldn't go back up. sigh. It had happened another time and we got it to come back up. I did get it up half-way, but decided since I was already at the service place, if they had time, they may as well look at it - especially since we plan to drive my van to Tucson tomorrow to see our granddaughter (and grand-son-in-law) and our great granddaughter!

Yes, I know my middle child went to you-tube and figured out how to fix the window and get it back on track. However, it is too short of notice to ask him to look at it, and I need it done today. So - am waiting to hear back on the cost... roughly $300 if it is the regulator. I tried to tell them it was the switch - but what do I know. I'm hoping it won't be that much.... that sure cuts into my savings.

But, we are still going to Tucson tomorrow about noon-ish and will come back on Saturday. Have a hotel in Tucson to stay at but plan to spend a few hours with our princess at her house on Friday and a quick visit on Saturday before we head back. Hubby just can't handle unexpected things and is fearful of a dust storm. sigh. We will be on the road by noon, if it is his way.

But it has been a nice week away from work. I think I would go crazy if I didn't have my job to go to starting next week. I've had a relaxing time, enjoyed being up in cooler weather, and doing a lot of knitting, but, I could easily get bored. Today all I've done - other than the car - is cook. :-) Which is a good thing. That bean soup is really good - as is the chicken noodle soup I made as well! I found a BBQ rib recipe that I am anxious to try too. I like to make things and invite people over or give away - I know my boys would love the extra ribs so when I try the recipe, I'll have to let them know.

Today is my little sister's birthday. 63 this year. Yipes - when did she get so old? LOL Of course at 69 I don't consider myself old at all. I'm grateful for every year I have.

One of the pastors at our new church has asked me to teach on Wednesday nights. That is a switch. Where we had been attending, I couldn't get the pastor to LET me teach - unless I taught only what he wanted. We never could agree. I love our new church. There is a lot of love and a lot of worship in our church. The messages are Bible-based and not filtered down to make the congregation feel good about themselves. Hubby isn't happy I was asked and not him.... hopefully it won't create problems as in the past. Another reason why I quit teaching. I don't compare numbers or ability.

And now I'm starting to ramble so will sign off. I need to go knit or something.

Blessings!

1 comment:

Ralphd00d said...

ramble on Mom... it doesn't hurt. and yer opinion was what this blog was about...