Oh man - I have really messed things up today. I'm needing to check the calendar to see if it is still Monday! I had an order for cookies (to be made by our chef) for a noon meeting. I had guests arriving for another meeting I was to retrieve from the first floor and take to the conference room at noon. My boss asked me to go pick up her lunch at 11:15 and take to her in another conference room. So while getting her lunch, my co-worker and I went down and got our lunch as well and brought back up. I took my boss' lunch to her, and came back down and my co-worker and I sat in one of the offices and chowed down on our lunch.
I thought I heard my phone ring once but then thought I was mistaken. Never checking anything, I continued with lunch. AFTER lunch - about 12:30.... I remembered the cookies. So I go back downstairs to pick up the cookies - only to find out the chef forgot to bake them! He said he was short three people and totally forgot to bake my cookies. He did offer to bake some then, but since THAT meeting was half over, I told him to not worry about it. As for the other guests - I'm guessing that security took them to the room where the meeting was.
BIG FAIL!! Oh yeah - Two meetings with responsibilities - and (although neither was my meeting)_ - I failed to be available to pick up the guests, forgot about the cookies and was distracted by getting my boss' and my lunch! And yes, I did remember to sit down and eat mine! I actually didn't remember any of the responsibilities until I finished my salad. And it was a good salad too!!
No one really cares about my fail, though. Security took the guests to the conference room - and not a word has been said from the other meeting that they didn't get cookies. Oh well. I ate my lunch. My boss ate her lunch. It's all good, right? :-)
Meeting up with my daughter and granddaughter tonight. I think we will finalize our 'Jailbreak Getaway' that we hope to take next month. Hubby won't like that it's over a weekend - but granddaughter must work and can't take off during the week. And that's ok. We just want a couple days to do whatever. Figure we can get facials, manicures and pedicures..... if we can afford all three - and if not - oh well!
Need to get back to work. 2 hours and 45 minutes to go. :-)
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment