and life is just as crazy as it always has been! I'm already at work - and have all-day meetings scheduled for today, tomorrow and Wednesday. Not my choice! I guess they figure people need to be at work - therefore, they will be in meetings! I don't have to attend the meetings (thank goodness!) but I did arrange for breakfast, lunch, and snacks to be delivered and need to make sure everything is set up like it should be. All of my bosses are in Tucson today for the meeting (it's A/V) so are calling in. It's all part of my job, getting it set up.
I think I am finally done with my Christmas shopping. I realized last night I hadn't sent anything to our granddaughter and great granddaughter in Nebraska yet - had thought about sending a check, but I really hate to do that, although they would probably be glad to get it. So I went on-line to a couple places and had some things shipped to them. One cost me as much in shipping as it did for the gift - only because I want it delivered by Christmas! And that's ok. Now I think I can say I'm officially 'done' - except I need to pick up things for the meals for the weekend. I'll probably do that Wednesday or Thursday evening.
I asked a couple of the kids what they wanted for meals cause I knew what my middle son wanted - ham sandwiches! His is lunch so isn't too hard to pull together. I'm hoping to find time over the weekend to make him potato salad, but will see. Then again, will have potato chips, so do we need potato salad too? It's only for him - but I would like to do it. Depends on time. At least I don't have to make a big batch, so it shouldn't be too hard.
The daughter said she wants baked chicken. Simple enough. I was surprised, though. Maybe she is trying to eat healthy. Baked chicken, salad, maybe baked potatoes with the trimmings... broccoli.... that should do it. Oh, and dessert. But what? Maybe the crockpot cobbler and ice cream.
The youngest wants a dish we call "garbage". At first I was undecided, but I figure if that is what he has asked for, then I'll fix it for him. At least his kids like it too. It's been a long while since I've made it, and with mashed potatoes it will be a big hit. And I can make it the day before so I don't have to extra stuff to do on Christmas day. Works for me. :-)
I love Christmas. I love the baking, I love cooking dinner for my kids, I love family being around. It's not about receiving gifts, it is about giving them and just having laughter and joy together for a short time. Forget our troubles, and focus on the reason we have Christmas. Of course it isn't just about the giving, but about celebrating Life - Jesus' life, His birth.
I wish I had done things differently when the kids were growing up. I am much wiser now, I think. I can't change the past, but I can try to make today better. And so can you.
Blessings!
2 comments:
You never asked the middle kid what he wanted.... though I always was fine with ham sandwiches, because it was easy. Here you are making complete other meals for my siblings' families? Wow.
Guess I still want ham sandwiches. just potato chips. Make it easy.
Can you feel my sarcasm? Oh, wait, .... eh, nevermind. I am the favorite!
I DID ask you and you said HAM Sandwiches! I did make you potato salad and no one else got. I would cook you whatever you wanted! So be thinking about next year - and we'll go from there!
Post a Comment