It's been a couple weeks since I've put anything in here..... and I'm still working - I guess that is a good sign. The stress has gone down some, but currently, I'm not completely good with everything yet. I FINALLY got all the meetings I needed to do created and in the system. Now to go back and get lunches and snacks and other things ordered for these meetings. I still need to work with the hotel where a few of the meetings are - found out last week that the person I had been calling and leaving voicemails for, sending emails to, well, he is no longer there. So I finally got ahold of another person Friday - they were to call me back. They didn't. I sent an email yesterday. Still no response. I'm going to call again today. The first big meeting there is November 6 so I got to get on it.
And I'm tired. I'm growing weary of the pressure of having to work all the time. I don't know if I will have any vacation days until ?? I understand we get 7 hours a pay period, but holidays come out of that time as well.... and Thanksgiving is our next holiday and we have two days off - and I currently have 8 hours. After Thanksgiving will be Christmas. I will be squeezing grandchildren in on the weekends to get the Christmas baking done - but I guess I pretty much do that anyway. I love Christmas and I certainly don't want 'things' to get in the way of celebrating with the grandchildren by baking cookies and making Christmas mice. I want to find some other things to do too - but just don't know if I can find the time to find anything. And that's ok. I think they are happy making cookies.
Need to start pulling together messages for the next six months. I think I speak about 2-3 times a month some months. Since we go to two facilities, it is easy to do one message at both places - but still, I need to do about 8 new ones since those are at one facility. It will all come together and I love Pastor Steve for letting me pull his messages and make them mine. He knows I do it - I tell him - and give him the results. Occasionally I can pull one of my own pretty much together, but with the lack of time to do it, it's easier to take one already created and make it mine by deleting some things and adding my stories.
And when I get home, I'm tired, so I sit and watch a movie or read or review facebook. I need to get focused and get things done. So much I want to do, but when I get home I'm not only tired, but usually discouraged somewhat, and lose all desire to clean or straighten things up. I have started my Amazon Christmas shopping - so I guess technically, that I am getting something done. Christmas will be skimpy... don't know what I'll get everyone.... it's so hard to make that decision.
Need to get busy - have lots to get done. Think I will start playing the lottery. If I could win a million dollars, I could quit work. Then again, I would have to go to work to keep my sanity. Catch 22 I guess.
Blessings!
2 comments:
Let me make it easy..... don't do Christmas for me and Del. Del and I. whatever. Heck, don't do the kids. we love just coming over for ham sammiches!
Lunch for you and your family is the easiest! :-) Decided dinner for your sister the night before, lunch day of for you, and dinner day of for the youngest. Sure beats breakfast that early in the day!
Post a Comment