Thursday, September 29, 2016

Another month about gone!

I look at the calendar this morning and realize that September is nearly past us. Where does all that time go? And then when I look back even over the past week or so - I see so many missed opportunities to DO something. To create something. To accomplish something. And I did nothing but sit. Well, until last night.

My boss's birthday is Saturday, but she is taking a PTO day tomorrow, and on Monday she has a trip to Corporate. Looking at her schedule, it looks like she will also be at another office on Tuesday - so I am trying today to get this all pulled together. I want to celebrate her special day - early. I was going to make a cake last night - but in fear I wouldn't get it done, or it wouldn't come out right, I stopped at the store on the way home and bought a cake. Then I went ahead and made cranberry pumpkin nut cupcakes and little loaves.

I brought them all in to work today. My boss is at the other office until about 10:30 today so hope she gets over here for I am planning on surprising her about 11:30AM. I had planned to do it in a huddle room - but unfortunately, that huddle room is already taken, so guess we will just move it to her office. I will figure out some way to handle it there. Still need to send out an updated email identifying where we will be meeting. She thinks she will be in a meeting with our CMO and VP-Ops. I hope we can pull this off.

I'm doing well, I think, on this challenge I've been on since 9-5-16. I have even exercised every since day since then - whether a video or walking for 30 minutes. I haven't lost much as far as weight, but I do believe I have lost some inches. I weighed this morning, and I'm still down nearly 3 pounds, but the better part is that my clothes are fitting better. I'm enjoying this in that I am pretty much eating healthy. I occasionally fall off the wagon (like pizza the other night with the grandchildren - but I did only have 2 pieces - usually I eat 3 or more). I have managed to be pretty good during all the lunches..... yesterday I DID have potato chips though. :-( But I didn't eat any dessert and that is a big positive!! Our challenge goes until October 2nd so I hope to see a big drop in inches at least by then. Yeah, had to measure BEFORE we started the challenge too. AND take photos. Those before photos were NOT pretty at all!

I'm really hoping that soon others will see that my body is healthier and more flexible, and thinner. Then perhaps they would ask how did I do it and I could share that with them. I won't pressure anyone into anything; but I want to help them get healthy and live a good long life. I do have some comments about something that happened this past weekend.... but I will do another post later and share it.

Blessings!

No comments: