Aches and Pains. I think the majority of us have them. Every so often I will get an ache (usually in my left shoulder!) or a pain somewhere. Right now I'm battling with foot pain.
A few months ago I finally went to the podiatrist about my foot pain. I thought I knew what the reason was. Afterall, I had googled it. And it had told me what I thought it was. And I had a pretty good idea of how I had injured it. That was the diagnosis of plantar fasciitis in both feet, AND two spurs in my left, one spur in my right foot. Hadn't expected the spurs. However, there was no "cure" other than buying expensive inserts and flip flops ($125!!) so that I could get relief. I refused to get the shots in the heel. The plantar fasciitis has pretty much cleared up, the spurs hurt pretty bad sometimes. But the pain in the foot I'm dealing with today is not the spurs.
It's on top of my right foot. Just by the toes. One time I had some problems and the doctor just pulled my toes and the pain went away. So I thought I would try that. I began to pull my toes the other day to get some relief from the pain on the top of my foot, thinking it was just in a cramp. Well, now. I guess I got over enthused about pulling my toes, for when I pulled one, it popped. You know, like when you pop your knuckles. It didn't hurt, but I felt the pop when I did that. So I got to thinking, ok, I have either straightened that toe after it had been broken at some time or just popped it.
The top of my foot has been swollen now for two days. I put ice on it yesterday and today, and am having to take ibuprophen because of the pain. Yep, it hurts. Constantly. I figure I will give it until Monday. If it still hurts on Monday, I will call the foot doctor and suck it up - and pay a big bill. Sometimes I just don't like my insurance. I love not having big premiums to pay, but with the low premium, I get stuck with everything except well check-ups. Up to a limit of course, and I think I have about $1000 to go by the end of the year. I just try NOT to go to the doctor. But for this - it is annoying enough and constant enough that it drains me. But I'm going to believe it will go away within another day or so. Surely all this ice will cause it to get better. I don't do 'cold'!!
I Peter 5:7 stays 'Cast all your cares on Him, for He cares for you'. I believe that. Yes, I have prayed for healing in my feet. I believe that God can heal me. I don't know if He will heal me the way I want Him to. One day I may just realize that my feet don't hurt anymore. But I believe it will happen. I want healing NOW. I just don't know if He will heal me NOW. It is in His time-table, not mine.
So I wait, and I keep trusting, and I keep asking. Kind of like the woman who constantly went to the judge to get relief and he grew weary of her constant banging on his door, finally giving her relief from those who were causing havoc in her life. If I keep asking, God will grow weary (NOT!) and give me what I ask for.
When was the last time you seriously prayed to God for deliverance? for healing? Did you pray once and give up? Was it a sincere prayer? Was it a 'oh God, please heal my pain' prayer? Not that it makes any different to Him HOW we pray.... but do you ask believing that you will receive an answer? I do. But again, it's in His time.
So for now, I ice my foot and take a pill. It's all good. I can still walk. Soon I won't even think about it. What are you praying for?
Blessings!
1 comment:
If PT would do more, and ya didn't have to "break your foot off in his A**" maybe that would stop the pain.... j/k mom!
Post a Comment