It was supposed it. It was planned. It was on the calendar. Things had already been put into place for it to happen. But it didn't. I spent the day of November 13th at the new location, helping to empty bins for the storage rooms and get things put in place. All that had been taken over to the new location were our file cabinets, storage items, and things like that. It was a very busy and productive day. Then, at 3:30PM, the word came down. The Inspector had not approved the area for occupancy because of some things that were not yet completed. "Little things" such as plumbing in the restrooms, breakroom, alarm system not tested and working, and I'm not sure what else was not done. But we couldn't move. The move was cancelled. We have been left 'hanging' all week, unknowing when and what was going on. We got the word yesterday afternoon - the move date has now been changed to December 4th. Two more weeks out. And all our items are still in bins around this office - which is the "old" office and to which we have all been reporting to. This morning I finally located my bins and put them nearby so that I could get into them for my work. One week is one thing - three weeks is another. And now I have to make a run to the new office so that I can get some binders - wouldn't you know it - I have two big meetings that I need binders for and my binders are in the storage at the new office. I will be making a run there this afternoon to get them.
I did get to see my new area last week when I was at the new office - and I think I like it. I get to see Camelback mountain from my window. I have lots of light - which I like. I just wish the move was over so that I could get to my regular work more easily.
Thanksgiving is next week. I believe we are going to our daughter's house - but I still will fix the turkey, dressing, giblet gravy, etc. and cart it over there. I did ask a granddaughter to come stay with me Wednesday night and help me cook the next morning. Someone is going to have to carry on this tradition after I'm gone so I need to start training others while I can. One of these days I want to get a recipe book created with some of my favorite recipes to pass on. My cornbread dressing recipe belonged to my grandmother, passed down to me from my mother. Aunt Sue taught me how to make cranberry relish last weekend and it is so good. I really want to make some of that up - and of course include that recipe in the book too. Huh. Guess I need to start it, don't I.
I want to get a new computer. Mine has been giving me fits for months - it's slow, and sometimes it won't come up. I'd like to wipe it clean and pass it on - but can't until I get a new one. Perhaps after Christmas I can find a good deal on one. No big deal; I use my ipad for just about everything, but when I need to type something, the computer is much better and easier to use. I also want to get a new desk. I have never liked the desk I have - too small for an adult, although it was hubby's desk nearly 50 years ago. (No, I don't think I'm stretching that) Ok, maybe 40 years ago. But I want one to fit MY needs. Then figure out what to do with that one.
Hubby finally gave me a Christmas list and I started one last night. I really don't NEED anything.... and the request I have had numerous times never has come about, so it still stands. I wonder if my sons would like pedicures. Until they have it, they don't realize how wonderful it feels, when done correctly. Hubby never wanted one, until a few years back for our anniversary we both had one done - and he loved it. The family always seem to keep me guessing on what to get them.... and since I'm not spending a lot it seems to get harder. At least the boys - and some of the grandchildren - like my salsa so they get that as part of their gifts and others like my bread and cheeseball so they are happy too. It does make it look like they get more, and I love doing the personal things for them. I need to sit down and make a list of who gets what.
I had to laugh last week. My youngest granddaughter mentioned that an older brother told her "if you don't tell grandma what you want for Christmas, you will get clothes" - which is what has happened to them - they don't tell me, so they get clothes. Last week I got a text from my granddaughter which said, "Grandma, I want fuzzy slippers, gum, and a curling iron for Christmas". It make me laugh. And you know what, although I have already gotten her Christmas made for her, she will get the fuzzy slippers, gum, and curling iron as well. Just because I want to do it for her. And she made me laugh.
Well, I need to get to work - hope that you have a good day - maybe I can write more while I'm off next weekend. Thanksgiving is nearly upon us - and then Christmas!! I have work to do!!
Blessings!
1 comment:
I know I don't want a mani or a pedi. I don't want anything I can think of at this moment.
Post a Comment