Monday, April 20, 2015

Life Changes...

This morning on the way in to work I was thinking about 'life changes'. Moreso on my part, of course, but as I sat here thinking of what to write this morning before everyone else gets into the office, I thought of all the life changes that are going on not only within my family, but around me.

I see some areas of my life that I want to change. I want to give more. I want to let go more. I want to listen more. I want to do more. And so much more of other things. Lots of I wants - and the question comes about to 'will I'.... when I need to make it 'I will'.

We have a granddaughter getting married in three weeks. We have two granddaughters graduating from high school this year. We have one granddaughter making her third (I think) trip to Nigeria this summer for a missions trip. We have one grandson who started a job recently. And a granddaughter who not only started a job, but has already changed jobs. We have a daughter who found another job.

There are many other changes going on within the family units, I'm sure, but I only listed the above to show that everywhere there are life changes.

Some times life changes involve moves. Some times life changes with jobs. Some times life changes with circumstances. And some times life changes - are lives changed.

I don't want to just have a life change. I want to live a changed life. Jesus didn't say when we choose to follow Him that our lives would be easy. He just said 'Follow Me'.

Jesus didn't say we had to change our lives and be perfect in order to follow Him. He just said 'Follow Me'. He didn't say we had to be in church every Sunday, we had to quit doing some of our bad habits to follow Him. He just said 'Follow Me'.

And that is what I choose to do. I'm not perfect. Some Sundays I would just as soon stay home from church than go. Sometimes I mess up and say things I shouldn't say. Sometimes I get angry. Sometimes I do things I shouldn't do. I'm far from perfect. But Jesus still tells me 'Follow Me'.

No other person will accept us right where we are. No one can love us more. I'm choosing to make my life changes to align more with His.

You can do that too. You don't have to be perfect to follow Jesus. As you follow Him, He will give you the desire to let go of the past, let go of things that don't honor Him. But that's between you and Him. Choose your life change. Make it count.

Blessings!

No comments: