Yesterday I got empowered. I really did. And it felt good. Here is what happened:
I turned down cake.
And not just any cake.
Chocolate cake.
I had to help cut the birthday cakes for the company yesterday. We had a chocolate cake and a white cake. They looked so yummy. After cutting the cake, I took 3 pieces of each. No, not all for me.
One was for my vice president. One was for a director. And, one was for me. After walking past our medical director, I felt I needed to stop and offer him one of the plates (that had two pieces on it, one white, one chocolate).
He told me no. He had just got back from Italy and said that he needed to discipline himself to lose what he gained eating all that pasta over there. Willpower. I commented that all I've done is binge eat for the last several months. I needed to quit because I was just getting fatter.
He said - "have you eaten any yet?" I replied "no".
And he said "then don't". I looked at him like he was nuts.
And he continued....... "don't take that first bite. Tell yourself 'no', that you can do without it."
I felt empowered. I gave the director one of the plates. I decided to skip my boss (the vice president), and gave the other two plates to two managers. My thought was that I would not only save myself, I would save my boss, cause I am really a bad influence on her when it comes to food - if I get it, she gets it.
My boss comes back to her office and wanted to know where her cake was. I told her what I did, and why.
She sent me back over to get her cake.
I tried to save her. I really did.
But at least I saved myself. And I'm empowered. At this moment. To say 'no' to what I shouldn't be eating.
And you can be too.
Just say 'no'.
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment