I had so much fun with the three grandchildren yesterday - I am waiting for four others to arrive today to bake cookies and make Christmas mice. It's amazing how fast we got through with the baking. The oldest grandson and I talked about it yesterday - how fast they were getting the cookies completed and ready to bake - they aren't little kids anymore who need a lot of oversight! All three are nearly 'grown up' - well, two, anyway. They didn't need much supervision as in a few years ago. We were able to quickly get through the cookies, then the mice, and even had time to sit down, watch a short Christmas movie favorite (Gumby), and play a couple games of Sequence before their parents stopped by to pick them up. It was so much fun for me.
And I plan to have fun again today. The next 'second round' of grandchildren arrive within the hour. Same thing - cookies and Christmas mice. Not sure if there will be time for a game as one or two of these may need a bit more supervision. But even with that - it will be fun spending time with them. I haven't been able to get this group very often as they have always lived so far away. We never could get our schedules to work out. But it will be fun today and I'm looking forward to it.
I did make the gingersnaps yesterday - and they were really good! In fact, I ended up making a second batch as the first were so good - and I will share them with others. I had fun with two of my brothers commenting on facebook about my comment of making gingersnaps. I've really enjoyed the baking - perhaps because I haven't been buried with it. I do have some baking to do Christmas Eve, but they are for a gift so it's all ok. I have discovered with my baking yesterday morning I am nearly out of sugar and flour. Need to pick more up before another batch of baking, I'm thinking.
Just filling in time today with this note as the grandchildren should be here any time. Guess I need to get off and get the table set up for their baking. It's all good.
I'm glad I have all my shopping and wrapping completed. How are you doing?
Blessings!
No comments:
Post a Comment