Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Another Wednesday morning....

What a beautiful day it is outside!  I hear it is to be around 78 degrees again today.  No, I'm not out in it, but can see the outside from my window as I sit here at the computer.  I was out yesterday doing some mindless shopping.  Actually, there were a couple things I wanted to look at - and did - and bought a little bit more.  But, it was beautiful being outside.  I'll be going out later today as I have a meeting to go to.

But for now, wanted to add a few notes and then make myself get busy and clean out my closets.  You know, where we keep stuffing all our clothes whether they fit or not.  I don't want to get rid of a lot, but there are some things I haven't worn for awhile that I probably won't wear - you know, like long black skirts, and things like that.   Yeah I could still wear them, but I don't think I need three of them - especially since I haven't worn any of them for a few years.  Need to fold the t-shirts and put in a drawer rather than hanging up.  I work out in them - who cares if they are wrinkled!  But, when my hubby does the laundry, he hangs up everything on hangers - it makes it so easy to just go ahead and hang up rather than take off the hanger and fold.

Also need to get some things done for church.  Tom asked me to put something on the bulletin board regarding the fast some of us in the church are doing.  I don't know how many or who specifically, except for another couple who said they were doing it, but one doesn't have to fast to bring requests before God.  If they don't feel called to fast, they can still pray.

Tom and I are doing well on the fast.  Of course if I do the cooking, I can make sure that Tom holds to what he is giving up as he eats whatever I fix.  I've stuck to my fruits and vegetables and water, but he has only given up red meat and pork, bread and desserts.  I've managed to be creative with dinner.  For example, last night we had a big salad, edamames, an orange, baked potatoes, and Tom had some chicken with his meal.  Healthy and filling.  For awhile.  This is day 4.   I fixed Tom an omelet for breakfast while I had a fruit protein shake.  Glad we have an orange tree out back - we are raiding it for fresh oranges daily.

How are you doing thus far in 2012?  Did you decide to go on the 'diet' everyone always says they are going to do?  Did you choose to do a fast to focus on specific things to bring before the Lord?  Or fast just to draw near to Him?   Whatever you have chosen for 2012, I pray that your choice is the right one, and that you are striving to achieve that goal.  If you have a special need you would like prayer for, please let me know.  I'd be honored to bring you before our Father in prayer.

Blessings!

No comments: